Why Won't a Guy Kiss a Woman Friend? Is he just nervous?

I had gotten out with a guy friend twice in one week. We had a great time. We've known each other and have been friends for years. I really thought there was something between us. We had worked together for years, and had just stopped working together, so I thought this was the chance! We flirted throughout both nights. He called me hot. He jokingly asked me to go on a trip with him. He held doors. He paid. When he said goodbye to me the second night, he gave me a big hug and kiss on the cheek. I then grabbed his coat and I said, "I was actually going to kiss you", he said "oh ok", we had a quick peck, and then backed away and just continued to talk. Was he nervous? He texted me the next couple of days after that and was very sweet. But my question is - do guys get scared/nervous of kissing girls they like? Or is he just not into me?
Update: After this happened, my friend was very nice to me the next few days following, reaching out to me and being sweet. Then, the last 2 weeks, he's been cold. We were texting a few weeks ago, then suddenly he didn't reply, then replied to me 5 days later, acting as if he didn't take 5 days to reply.. I know he's been travelling for work, and maybe he's just busy, but I can't help but think the worst based on what happened. Do guys distance themselves when these things happen?

015

Most Helpful Guy

• He mught be one of those there the girl must do it first, start to kiss him first even start all the physical things and lead the first-time to show you have what it takes/is needed in a female for him.