Why Won't a Guy Kiss a Woman Friend? Is he just nervous?

I had gotten out with a guy friend twice in one week. We had a great time. We've known each other and have been friends for years. I really thought there was something between us. We had worked together for years, and had just stopped working together, so I thought this was the chance! We flirted throughout both nights. He called me hot. He jokingly asked me to go on a trip with him. He held doors. He paid. When he said goodbye to me the second night, he gave me a big hug and kiss on the cheek. I then grabbed his coat and I said, "I was actually going to kiss you", he said "oh ok", we had a quick peck, and then backed away and just continued to talk. Was he nervous? He texted me the next couple of days after that and was very sweet. But my question is - do guys get scared/nervous of kissing girls they like? Or is he just not into me?
Updates:
Update: After this happened, my friend was very nice to me the next few days following, reaching out to me and being sweet. Then, the last 2 weeks, he's been cold. We were texting a few weeks ago, then suddenly he didn't reply, then replied to me 5 days later, acting as if he didn't take 5 days to reply.. I know he's been travelling for work, and maybe he's just busy, but I can't help but think the worst based on what happened. Do guys distance themselves when these things happen?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He mught be one of those there the girl must do it first, start to kiss him first even start all the physical things and lead the first-time to show you have what it takes/is needed in a female for him.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You caught him off guard. If you pressed your entire body into his for a minute or found an excuse to sit in his lap for a minute, he would be less likely to be caught napping.

1|0
    0|0
    • And you can’t expect more than a ‘peck’ if the other person is not in the mood at the time. Just how it is. Guys have a reputation for always being in the mood simply because they often lead.

• Show All
    • You should post an entirely new question instead of adding a new q. to your old q.

• I tried to do that adding my link but they wouldn't let me add the link. I guess I'll do it without the link!

• Is he a "friend", or is he a potential "romantic interest or lover". He obviously thinks you're friends. If you want to change that, you best let him know with something more definite than a good night kiss... like telling him !!

1|0
    0|0
    • I want him to be a romantic interest. I just assumed that when you trying to kiss a guy that they would automatically think that you wanted to be with them. Do guys not think that way? Does he just think that I wanted to hook up or something? Oh gawd.

• Show All
    • Thank you for your kind advice.

• Let me/us know what happens

• Guys are definitely scared of messing up, doing something wrong, or reading too into something that isn't true.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for your reply, I hope you’re right!

• A 30-something guy? He seems a little to be nervous about kissing. But who knows? Has he ever been with a woman?

1|0
    0|0
  • I think with the whole me too movement men are just scared of crossing lines accidentally, probably just trying to be respectful towards you and not take what he wants lol

1|0
    0|1
    • That makes sense, thanks for the input

• I get nervous and scared I might offend her or of being rejected!

1|1
    0|0
    • I wish I could go back in time. I wonder what he's thinking now, lol.

• Show All
    • no not married! This just happened last week!

• Ask him then you will never know till you ask hit and it will start to drive you bonkers if you don't!

• Women friend. I dont kiss them because i dont want to be slapped

1|1
    0|0
  • Guys get scared don't want to mess up

1|2
    0|0
    • really? I just thought he didn't want to kiss me back! He wouldn't have messed up.

• That's the thing if you truly are good friends maybe he thinks you don't want anything more than that

• Kissing girls is awkward and lots of guys assume that its kinda off limits

0|0
    0|0
  • You didn’t make enough of an effort

1|0
    0|0
    • What else should I have done?

• Kissed him for real

• I know, but he seemed nervous and backed away, so I wasn't sure. I suppose I could've grabbed him again but I didn't! argh!

• Yes he was.

1|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes traveling can be very stressful. Changing planes sometimes you only have a few minutes to get from one side of a airport to the other, and bad weather is never any fun.

• It just dont stop there with us

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m not sure what this means?

• There's a slim chane that wplud work

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m not sure what this means?

• Sorry that was part of an answer to another question.. I dont guess he was nervous but after you initiated i mean damn. Oh maybe he froze up thats why he's calling now hoping for a do over. He might be the thinks too much type.

• That would be great if he was calling for a do-over, I would love that!

• If there's some real feeling towards a girl even the most experienced man can get nervous and mess up.
    Give him some time and analyse his next actions. If you still have doubt then just ask him.

1|2
    0|0
    • I was thinking that too- about not contacting him (it’s only been a few days) and letting him come to me? I feel like he needs to think about things maybe? I dunno!

Recommended myTakes