The "honeymoon stage" is over. What should we do next?

This guy and I have been dating for three months now, and I think that our "honeymoon stage" is over. He took me home to meet his parents over the holidays, which I thought was kinda early but I went along with it. We used to go out on fun dates all the time, but now all we do is watch Netflix at home and ordered pizza in bed. We used to talk on the phone for hours, but now we talk for maybe 10 to 15 minutes everyday. When we go out to eat at a restaurant, we seem to have less to talk about than before and sometimes we would be so quiet that we just focus on eating. I think that we have hit a relationship plateau. Things just seem to be much less exciting than before. What should we do to keep the spark alive?

319

Most Helpful Girl

• you could do something that will benefit the world or start some kind of project together that will keep you active and engaged in each other's minds. For me - I have conversations with guys about God or religion or faith or the bible and that gives me an endless stream of conversation devices to use.

Most Helpful Guy

• That does seem to be a short honeymoon period. Are you sure you guys are well suited for each other, and really want to stay together? The answer doesn't need to be no, but do something to spice things up and get things moving. You act like you've been in a long relationship.

• I agree. I find it strange how we act like we've been in a long relationship even though we've been dating for only 3 months. I'll be looking into it, thanks for the advice!