Boy bestfriends?

Me and my guy bestfriend have been strictly just friends for 4 years, there have never ever been feelings involved, but last year we started getting really close and we went on a vacation for one week and I out of the blue looked at him more then just a friend, but I kept it to myself. But when we got home he started to tell me that I can’t hang around guys and he would basically treat me like we were in a relationship and all of my other friends said he liked me and that they could just tell he did and everyone asked if we were together. I know for a fact he would never tell. Me how he feels because he values our friendship way to much, anyway I got drunk and texted him and asked him how he felt and stuff and he said we’re just friends and what not and I was like okay cool yeah that’s fine I agree. But I stopped hanging out with him as much and stuff just because I needed some space as we were hanging out every day. And now I have not motivation to hang with him. When we were really close he use to tell me what to do, be super protective of me, id sit on his lap, we’d sleep in the same bed every weekend, he always tells me he’s going to marry me one day, honestly everything a couple would do and I just don’t know why he can’t tell me how he feels. All the signs that he likes me are there. I think he’s to scared, what do you think

23

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be he just doesn't want you to like anyone else because he wants u to put him on a pedistal. I had a friendship for years with a guy, we only ever slept together once and he would say we were just friends but he hated my other friends and wouldn't share me, we also kissed from time to time and I always gave him back massages. But it hurt me that he would never define the relationship. Over time I realised, he just wanted my admiration. Not because he cared two hoots about me, just because I was a good source of attention and an ego boost for him. He also kept criticising the way I dressed n comparing me to other women. If someone won't say 'I want u as my gf' then they shouldn't have any say in the rest of your life, like who u hang with or how u dress. They are actually kinda toxic.

Most Helpful Guy

• Opposite gender friends don't generally work out well unless you're cousins or one is gay or something else. Sexual tension can and will rise up when you two are alone, best friends or otherwise.

You and him are in a gray zone right now. You both need to decide if this relationship is now real and official or not.

• That is true. Once we turned 17 there was always a weird tension around us to the point I’d stop inviting him over. I think it’s him who is to scared to say how he feels

• If he's scared, you have to make an initiative to speak and get a real answer.