Why won’t he ask for my number?

I’ve been talking online with a guy for a few weeks and we get along well and have a lot in common. He’s kind of shy and prefers to be by himself gaming and he’s said he doesn’t know how to talk to people. I asked him out for brunch last week and we went and had a great time and he said he had a nice time and wanted to do something again. I messaged him online and gave him my number saying he could text me if he wanted but he just kept messaging online and never acknowledged my number. We went on another date yesterday and it went even better than the first date. All other guys I’ve dated have either asked for my number or give me their’s after the first date. He’s very hard to read and I just can’t figure out if he’s just really shy or if he’s just not interested. Help!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First, as you mentioned, he doesn't know how to talk people. Internet is easier and more familiar way for him.

Second, he can message to you trough internet, he doesn't need to call you, or text you, because you already have a way to talk to each other. He is communicating with you, which is great, the platform doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people now don't even want to text they just use social media and it's obnoxious to me but maybe that's it. You can always ask if you think he's into you, it could initiate something more if that's what you want.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yea the chics right... If he wasn't in2 you he wouldn't bother getting off the video game and social media is the new thing... guys tend to express them self one on one than talk on other end of phone line

0|0
    0|0
  • If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't have agreed to go on a date with you once, let alone twice, so he's for sure interested. My analysis is that he's shy about voice calls or video chatting and that's why he didn't acknowledge that you gave him your number.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible he didn't notice the message with your number. I've had similar things happen to me. If you want something say so. Being assertive to your needs is necessary for a relationship to work

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe not ready. There's must be some reason he do that, just wait for him until he's ready. Dont tHink negative because it will ruin your day. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • You may ask to exchange your numbers next time. I don't think he would mind. If you like him that much then make a move.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either he may be wrong guy for you as you have already given your number but he don't want to give his number so may be a wrong guy to go ahead with

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if he don't want to ask for the number, maybe just give it to him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why don’t you ask him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him why, he's the one who has you so confused.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he doesn't want it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes