How can we work past this?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years. Periodically we’ve been fighting but we’ve worked through our problems. The past month or so we’ve been fighting more and about stupid things. He told me a couple days ago he isn’t happy at the moment because of all the fighting and the fact that we say almost the same stuff on the phone all the time. We are under 18 and I was wondering if someone could help me with communication and how we can get back to where we were. I know we will be able to get through this but I don’t know how. I love him so much thank you for the help!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• What's the biggest thing causing a rift between y'all?

0|0
    0|0
    • We say the same things almost everyday and we fight about not being able to see each as much as wanted, and just little things that come up and disagreements lately I think he’s been thinking of doing it but he told me he loves me and he wants it to work we’re just tired of it

• I think I found the reason I think it’s basis is trust, he says I shoot him down when he has ideas or stuff and I didn’t realize that til now he says he doesn’t know anymore I mean of course it hurt him it would hurt me how do I fix this I feel like this piggybacks the idea of not being about to talk much over the phone because he doesn’t wanna tell me what’s wrong or what’s new or other stuff cause he’s afraid I’ll shoot him down how do I fix this

• Send me a private message. We can continue talking there.

• There is a procedure that will possibly help you get through this issue. First, recognize the topics that cause dispute. What are the things that always come up in a fight? Usually, it's the same stuff over and over again. Once you both understand those topics, you can work through what is so bothersome about it and talk it over. For example, if it is a certain topic that is annoying then talk about why it is so annoying and try to understand each other.

In a previous relationship, politics was a major issue between the girl and I. We'd fight really badly whenever politics came up. So, we sat down and talked about our views and tried to understand each other. Once we talked about it, we stopped fighting.

0|0
    0|0
    • We don’t really see each other that much because of school like once a week or once every two weeks and we fight about when we see each other sometimes and plans that come up. Or i start something about how he has no time for me without meaning to he has work etc while I just have school. And just little stuff I can’t even remember how do we make it happy again

• I think I found the reason I think it’s basis is trust, he says I shoot him down when he has ideas or stuff and I didn’t realize that til now he says he doesn’t know anymore I mean of course it hurt him it would hurt me how do I fix this I feel like this piggybacks the idea of not being about to talk much over the phone because he doesn’t wanna tell me what’s wrong or what’s new or other stuff cause he’s afraid I’ll shoot him down how do I fix this

Recommended myTakes