Relationships On Social Media?

It's a normal part of life to make your relationships public. Normally when people start dating, they plaster photos of each other all over social media, change their relationship statuses on Facebook, tag each other everywhere, etc. but what are people's views on keeping social media out of relationships?

I'm the type that doesn't necessarily put all of my business out there, but will occasionally post a cute photo of my significant other. I've never changed my relationship status, I've never posted couple pictures of the two of us, and with my current relationship, he and I aren't even adding each other on social media (maybe in the future but for now we aren't).

When I tell people that, they seem to think it speaks volumes about the relationship in a negative way, like if I'm not flooding people's Facebook feed with pictures and what I'm doing with my significant other, the relationship must not be a happy one. It's like the equivalent of "pics or it didn't happen" in a way. My relationship is nearly 6 months old and only three people in my life know I'm not single, simply because nobody even asks anymore, they just assume if it's not online, it's not happening.

Does anyone else keep their romantic business completely out of the public eye? Have you ever had a relationship where you didn't post anything about it online?
Do you assume a relationship sucks if people don't post all the good stuff about it online?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There's nothing I hate more than the couples who go on vacation posting perfectly composed smiles and scenery every 15 minutes.

I hate couples that have to post constantly about how they are a couple. No harm in acknowledging a relationship on social media, but posting non-stop is so annoying

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to keep having a girlfriend off social media so everyone assumes I'm single so I can talk to other girls

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should post your relationship on social media.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do you feel that way?

• I think it shows a level of commitment and it just shows other people this is my person

Recommended myTakes