Would you want to know if the person you are seriously dating used to be overweight? Why or why not?

Would you want to know if the person you are seriously dating used to be overweight? Why or why not?Would you want to know if the person you are seriously dating used to be overweight? Why or why not?
  • Yes, I would want to know. Why?
    Vote A
  • No, it doesn't matter to me. Why?
    Vote B
  • Maybe/other opinion (please explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Follow up question: What would your reaction be?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say maybe. If it was only for a "short" period of their life, like 2-3 years or so, then it doesn't matter so much.

It's first about health and and second about attractiveness. For example I have dealt with relatives that have weight issues, and sadly obesity burdensome for more than just the fat person. The attractiveness isn't just about the other people either, it affects the mindset of the one overweight.

All in all, I would want to know if the person will continue to take care of themselves. And if they had trouble before, how I could support their current success.

#ShareGoodness

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't care if he used to be overweight
    I don't see a reason why I should want to know this fact
    If he wants to tell me about it, I'd be impressed by his weight loss

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes i wanna know so i can give her even more respect.

I would tell my next girlfriend before also.. There are certain things to expect when dating someone who used to be obese

0|1
    0|0
  • Only because I had surgery to as to have something common to talk about; I lost 180 pounds. It doesn't really matter to me, though; I did it for health reasons, not looks. We are who we are.

0|1
    0|0
  • It really doesn't matter to me, but if I was told my reaction would be one of being proud of them for having the self-discipline (something that is severely lacking in most people), to overcome and make a positive change.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't really care about her previous weight. If she wants to talk about it I would of course listen to it, but if she never mentions it I really wouldn't be upset if I found out some other way.

0|0
    0|0
  • The past is gone, but in the course of our relationship, knowing that would tell me the girl has some will power and drive. But I probably already knew that, which is one reason why I'm dating her.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you were seriously dating then it would be pretty hard to hide. Them hiding it would be more of a concern

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. Takes a lot of inner strength to get past that. I'd be impressed.

1|1
    0|0
  • If I found out at some point, I would be impressed but it's not something I absolutely need to know. I don't consider it to be crucial bit of information.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why it matters. I'm sure they would tell me at some point, but that's just their story. As far as the present goes, it's irrelevant.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter to me, even if the person I'm with still is overweight. I wouldn't care... If I love the girl then I don't know why I should care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would it matter. Like it shouldn't really impact the relationship unless they're proud of what they've done and want to show it to you

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, I want to know everything about someone I'm seriously dating.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would think it would come up and u would want to know what I thought about it

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm going to find out eventually but that's not important when I meet the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it does not matter to me what they used to look like

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't bother me either way cause looks come and go it's the person that matters

0|0
    0|0
  • Couldn’t care less

0|0
    0|0
  • What matters is whats happening now.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is comfortable sharing that with me, I’d like to know it. If not, that will be ok with me!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes