How long do you wait to tell your parents you're dating someone?

Just out of curiosity :)

For context, if you want it, I've been seeing a guy for exactly a week now and it's moved pretty quickly, but for once that doesn't feel like a bad thing, so I'm considering telling my parents sooner than I normally would. I typically wait a few weeks, but I've seen this guy four times already and we talked on the phone tonight (he called me just to chat, which is new) and we both seem pretty invested, so I don't know. I may bring it up soon, but just wondered how other people handled that discussion.
I live far away from my family so they wouldn't have any idea yet.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I would certainly wait longer than a week. It's too little time, you don't know if shit could go horribly wrong and then you look like an idiot for getting ahead of yourself and telling everyone