Should I even try to date guys in college?

I'm a freshman in college but I've always looked for longer relationships with meaning. I don't want casual sex or flings I'm really looking for someone to spend years with even if they're not someone I marry down the line. Should I even try to date guys in college or should I just accept it and wait until later in my life for a serious relationship? If you're in college are you looking for serious relationships or just whatever comes to you?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• I’m in a situation similar to yours. I’m a college senior, and I’ve never dated, since most of the girls are either into causal sex (which I’m not), or want to wait until marriage for sex (which I don’t). You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to find a girl who’s not either a slut or a wait-for-marriage-and-ultra-religious girl (though I think this applies to guys too).

I gave up on trying to date around halfway through my sophomore year. Though there is one girl I’ve been flirting with on-and-off for a few weeks now. Maybe I’ll change my mind later?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same problem as you. I’m just not the dating type, and I finally realized this not too long ago. It’s probably why I have been single for quite some time, because let’s face it, most of the people our age are only looking for hookups, one night stands, or short term relationships that only benefit them at the time (FWB). That’s why I’m just focusing on my career and trying to make some real friends, which is really hard to do considering most of the people I talk to dump or ghost me after the semester/class is over.