Why do women put empathetic and outgoing on dating sites and never reply?

I feel like most people have a character created in thier minds of who they think they are or want to be and don't realize that character is not who they are.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I assume because women get a lot, and I mean a lot, of messages. We can’t spend our time being Mother Teresa...

0|0
    0|0
    • No but you can take a small step in the right direction not to acknowledge the messages because that's your choice but not to lie on your profile that your something else or my favorite the "just message and ask "statement. knowing you'll never give those guys the time of day.

• Show All
    • Oh yeah I'm sorry I'm an abstract thinker I see best through clutter. And also paint best abstract.

• And don't useually use much punctuation or auto correct so that's probably why it's a bit more hard to read.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• They may be selectively empathetic or get so many requests for time every week they don't answer most of them.

0|0
    0|0
    • You are one of thousands while the most kindest minds are the ones that are correct.

• They do not owe you a response.

0|0
    0|1
  • Because maybe, just maybe - and I might be going off at a tangent here just bear with me - they might not be interested in you and will therefore not reply you so you can't bitch about them leading you on.

2|0
    0|0
    • Yeah you didn't read everything

• Show All
    • Wtf dude. What level of tomfoolery is this?

• Just a curious question I feel either your bi or just had your period from the way are discussion has gone. thanks though for answering I got the answer I was looking for not from you obviously but still thanks.

• Most women (not just hot women) get loads if replies on sites like tinder. And if u reply to them all then u end up having far too many men talking to u. So u have to be Choosey about right swiping and who u reply too or u'd never get a moments peace.

0|0
    0|1
  • They do same thing with quotes, posting things that completely contradict their own actions. It's just to come off as more desirable or perfect than they really are

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes I agree I see that a lot too and if thier confronted they'll nearly bite my head off in curses and how I'm full of it to turn the tables.

• Being empathetic or outgoing doesn’t mean you want to, or should want to, date every person who crosses your path. Online dating is a harsh world. Responding to someone who you’re not at all interested in is just a waste of both your time and energy. People may think that there’s no point or it will only lead the person on.

0|0
    0|0
    • Things that being empathetic and/or outgoing does NOT mean:

-You like everyone on the planet
      -You want to talk to everyone on the planet
      -You are obligated to or should talk to everyone on the planet
      -You have endless free time in which to respond to every person who contacts you
      -You owe something to a total stranger just because they sent you a message

Please understand how online dating works. You need to lower your expectations. There are no obligations. You are not owed a response. If someone contacts you and you’re really not interested, ignoring them is the most efficient and effective way to turn them down. You can’t take it personally. You can’t judge someone’s entire personality on whether or not they responded to you.

• Show All
    • I'll start off by saying this is a trick question post and you gave them worst answer I was looking for someone or two to step out of character and speak on the others behalf for my own reasons and everything you just said makes me so glad I don't have to use a dating site because I just couldn't love someone who I'd have to lift my shirt up to speak with.

• I'm sorry, but I can't make head nor tail of what you're trying to say in that sentence.

• Because women under 30 get A LOT of messages. Like 50-150 daily. They simply can't reply to every single message.

Why do you think apps with the swipe mechanism have become so popular? Filters out unwanted excessive messaging

1|1
    0|0
  • Dude first of all dating apps are big BS that noone should consider in their life. Girls do just for the matches tp make themselves feel better unless some of your pictures caught their eyes. If ypu actually think you will have success in dating online you one big loser XD

0|0
    0|1
  • They get flooded with messages and eventually think they are special because of it so they get very picky.

Do yourself a favor and get off dating sites.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think you've answered your own question.

Putting 'emotionally unavailable and self-obsessed' would likely not produce the desired result.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because they want a magical guy to fall from the sky and a lot of guys are creeps and ruin it for all of us. YOU HEAR THAT CREEPS? YOU'RE RUINING IT FOR ALL OF US. STOP NOW

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah you don't often see "Yeah, I'm kind of an asshole" on dating profiles.

0|2
    0|0
  • cause they get like 1000 dick pics a day and at some point they don't bother checking their messages anymore.

0|0
    0|1
  • Bring empathetic means that you can relate to someone by putting yourself in their shoes, so you're more likely to show empathy towards someone who is having an experience very similar to an experience you also had.

What they probably mean that they are sympathetic, which means that you can feel sorrow it pain when overthinking simple else's sadness or pain regardless of the experience that caused it.

Either way, being able to experience either one (which would be a good thing) doesn't require that someone reply to a stranger online. Just sayin'.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know who i am. Im a rude, blunt, apathetic, lazy otaku

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Indeed.

• I respect your honesty and believe it or not your closer than most to the answer I was looking for this is a trick question I just created a scenario where I knew woman would get deffensive and guys would ride off of the question but I just wanted one person to step out of line and say something nice about the opposing sex reguardless of the question only one person did.

• They're probably not interested or they might be busy

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup the ones that get my goose are the ones that initiate a conversation then dont but hell. Next

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are not interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • cause sluts

0|1
    0|0
  • Hypocrisy.

0|0
    0|1
  • It probably depends on the way you approached them too, especially if they get a lot of messages and yours is another "hi", they might just pass.

1|0
    0|1
  • Easy answer is because your not hot enough

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes