Opinion of shy guys, and how to not be so shy?

Id like to classify myself as an introvert. I've had a rough upbringing as kid, and as young adult, and have tough times as an adult right now. So I don't really open up, when I do i don't really give the full story. I've been told I have a very intense look about me, which makes me unapproachable. I have some social anxiety too so that doesn't really help.

I've been told if I "don't mean mug" everyone I am actually very attractive. I crave intellectual conversation and want human interaction. But I am so afraid to talk, and I look like I have a constant scowl on my face, its nearly impossible for me to work up the courage to chat with someone.

Any advice?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Ooh, you're my age ha. Well, Mr. Brexon... my brother has trouble being social too. Just start by making small talk with people and see if you have things in common with them. Do you have any cousins you are close with? Hang with their friends and eventually you will get to make your own. Or... you can go on a gaming site/ etc. and make some online friends? :)

0|0
    0|0
    • The only cousin I have that is closest to my age is in her 30s, the other is 16. So I can't really hang with their friends since there a significant age gap. I do play Xbox, and have a few friends I talk to one there, but I mostly play video games by myself because I am more comfortable that way.

The more i think about it, I figure I just need more confidence in my appearance. I've been told I could be a Kelvin Klein mode (I think that is an exaggeration) if I wasn't so rigid.

• Nope of you find some let me know.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes