Should I text him again or wait?

I've been talking to/gone on dates with a guy who approached me for about month and a half now. We've been talking every day. Most recent date (week ago) he told me I'm so perfect, stalled the date so we could talk until it was really late and he had to leave, said he had a great time. It's been about a week now since that date. He's gotten a little quieter with me but were still texting every day and he seems to keep convos going even if I text first in the mornings. Will send me a snap here or there too of him at work.

Last night texts me sayin "finally home" when he got back from work. He works long hours outside. We talked a little then I said "I'm excited to see you soon." (date in a few days) He said "Same, hopefully not sick still." So I said "Me too, and if money is a problem I can pay I don't mind, seeing you is a good enough present for me." (I know he's been struggling with money I helped pay most of the last date) My phone says he read the text but never replied. Do I text him again saying good morning or just wait and see if he gets back to me? I don't want to seem clingy or like I'm putting him on a pedestal if it will drive him away. He seems like a genuinely good guy so I'm very interested.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Leave it.. you are in exactly the same boat as me... the conversation this last week has become so quiet... I message first.. he tells me when he gets home from work etc... but there’s no go in him.

So I’ve left him o message me this morning which he did I replied... I had another message at dinner time I replied again... not I’m waiting on another... I’m not chasing a guy, if he doesn’t want me that’s fine... so hang about x

• ugh I still haven't heard from him. and he was REALLY into me during and after our most recent date. its just been like the past few days, he'll keep a convo going but last night read what I said and did not reply...

• Last Friday was my last date with the “new man” and he was the same... then it’s gone down the further into the week.

Leave him let him message you... stop yourself from answering back straight away... if he’s worth being around he will sort it out when he realises your a little distant.

• its so weird he was so into me and my best friends know him and said he's always been the relationship type and not a player. they all said we would be a match.. and everything was going really great then all of a sudden he just got a little quieter. maybe I'm making myself too available for him... ill try to back off a little. and wait and see if he says anything to me in the next day or so.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like my lady and I. You can just text him causally “good morning” but do it with the intent if not actually hearing back from him. I would advise you to just go about your day and do your best to keep your spirits positive and light. As hard as it might be try also not to always look at you phone. Just keep busy and if he doesn’t respond still just don’t continue to reach out and move forward with your day

• i'm just afraid if I text him AGAIN he might only be replying to be polite and not because he is really interested. you don't think its being pushy or clingy to text again when he didn't reply to the last thing I said?

• Right but again its a response so that as all that matters. Then by his answers you can gauge and see if he's interested or not. Its not being push or clingy at all. I text my lady multiple times and she does the same. Its okay. As long as your not messaging every 2-3 minutes