Who should chase who in the dating stage, men or women?

Who do you expect to make the first move? Who should make more of an effort (if needed)?
  • Men
    Vote A
  • Women
    Vote B
  • It depends
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I also feel like no one should be chasing.. the beginning of a relationship sets the precedent for the rest of it
    if it's a chase 1) it's either a game for the one doing the chasing and when they get what they want, they'll get bored and want to chase someone new
    or 2) the one doing the chasing genuinely feels like the other person is out of their league and will always feel that way which is toxic for any relationship.

I feel like effort needs to come from both sides and the couple should walk side by side throughout the entire relationship

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why does there need to be a "chase" too busy to play games got more important stuff to do than to waste time on a maybe.
    You have both a successful guy and lady each with their own professions. It should be a mutual attempt not one sided. That's how problems happen.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think who ever likes the person more than the other is probably the one who is naturally going to be doing the chasing, what would be ideal is if you actually liked each other both the same amount lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think both men and woman should be allowed to chase each other but they should express that desire in different ways. For example - when a man likes a woman - he offers her companionship, time, concern, sacrifice, effort, compassionate, care and sometimes encouragement or support. When a woman wants to pursue a man - she might express shyness or meekness or signs of docility and submission around him, or she might look to him for approval or she might make sure she is on her best behaviour or in her prettiest clothes so that the guy will show interest in her and want to initiate things with her.

0|0
    1|0
  • In an ideal situation, it should be a little of both. The men should pursue the women, but the woman should pursue the man enough that he stays interested

1|0
    0|0
  • Most women expect the guy to make the first move.. And it's more natural for a man to go after what you likes.. But, sometimes women do pursue.. I've had it happen to me a couple of times.. My girl now talked to me first and brought up the prospect of us datin too.. Although she actin funny now, but still.. LOL..

0|0
    0|0
  • Men, and that's the way it has worked for as long as there have been humans.

Some guys argue for "equality", in that women should also approach men. They are gonna be disappointed. It's simply not the way mating works in humans. Women choose - men pursue. You couldn't change it even if you wanted to.

The only exception is if you're a famous man. Then your status is high enough that women will chase you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men are expecting but in this day and age I believe that women should too. Make the first move ask them out for coffee and then dont be a mission impossible to get a second date. Let the guy or girl ask for a second date make it a romantic one to remember.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men should chase the women. But women should make sure to let us know it's ok. In this day in age, I am very hesitant to approach a woman. There is a part of me, that honestly is afraid of some one saying I am sexually harassing them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men initiate the dates (girls can do this to) and women do the pursuing it makes the man know she's into it, if the mans into it he WILL makes dates to see you and make opportunity for sexual things to happen

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I know for a fact a lot of men that would never make the first move I think both should do it men in general but if a women sees the guy not making any moves and is interested she should go for it cause he might just be scared

0|0
    0|0
  • I think women because men don't get pissy and throw an attitude when a lot of women flirt with them.

"When I go the the club, I just want to dance and not get hit on all night"... said no guy ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • On the one hand I feel like women don't like to get chased since they have it so often, on the other hand I feel uncomfortable about being chased by a woman, since I used to have women become all maniac about me

0|0
    0|0
  • Why does it have to be a chase or one more than the other. I never chased a girl for any reason. As to the first move, I think the girls did more times than I did or people matched us up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women can or should at least show she is interested, but the man is the one who should be the aggressor but not too much.

If the woman doesn't respond then he should just move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're anywhere near a leftist-majority place of residence, women have to initiate because otherwise it's rape.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody should chase... Or better say both genders should chase. Equality, right?

1|2
    0|0
  • I had my best experience when I went after a man once.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they both should if they want the same thing

0|0
    0|0
  • I get chased way too often, and I think I will never try to pursue someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women should chase men. They gotta work for the cawk

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not both?

0|0
    0|0
  • Whomever is on the hunt at the time, obviously.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whoever wants to...

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on who likes who more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. In effort and initiation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I expect a man to make the first move.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever wants to make the first move.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I prefer men

0|0
    0|0
  • Both...

0|0
    0|0
  • The more dominant personality

0|1
    0|0
  • Normally and culturally its men

0|0
    0|0
    • Why tho?

• Show All
    • @Alfanso It's how mating works in humans. And many other species. Women risk pregnancy when they have sex (remember, evolution hasn't caught up with modern means of protection). That is nine months out of "the game", plus breastfeeding, plus raising a kid to adulthood. You can only do that ever so often. Plus, women only ovulate once a month. A man produces millions of sperm all the time. A man can't get pregnant. So women have to be more selective than men. There is also the very real risk that the man could maim or kill her. Men are one of the biggest threats to a woman's life. So she has to weigh all these factors: does he have good genes, will he be a good protector of me and our offspring, will he be a good father, will he be a good partner, is he safe to be around, etc.

In other words, this has deep evolutionary roots. It's subconscious. Women don't choose it. It's just the way it is and always has been. That said, women will usually drop (subtle) hints if interested.
      thematingg

• Sorry, I posted half a link :)

thematinggrounds. com/

• It depends it could be both who knows

0|0
    0|0
  • Men and women chase each other. Depends on how bad they want the person. Happens all the time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes