Why does this double standard exist?

It is considered normal for a hot dude to date a fat woman, infact people claim it yo be empowering, but I hardly seen a fat dude getting a girlfriend, bar aside a hot one at that.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Women are hypocrites.

Unless a guy is rich and fat, women will generally openly state disgust about a male's appearance but they will in the same sentence state that if you don't date a fat girl you are a shallow body shaming prick.
    When we have standards we are pigs, but their standards are "their right as a woman".

It goes back to responsibility.
    Men are expected to be responsible for what they do and say.
    Women don't take responsibility for much if anything. It is always a males fault.
    We get fat, we are lazy pigs and we should be more responsible for our health.
    Women get fat, "We shouldn't have to try and fit an unrealistic image"
    and they blame men for saying fat is unhealthy and unattractive.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because fat love only exists for women since men are so goddamned privileged, the dirty bastards.
    And that is sarcasm, because it's ridiculous that we have this "fat acceptance" movement that applies only to fatass women.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Honestly... I never heard of that! But... it's more of some kind of fetish BBW! I think there is a BBM fetish too... but it's not too common. I kinda made out with a fat guy once... but were were also like best friends... so I don't know if that counts?

0|0
    0|0
  • You are absolutely kidding. Perhaps this happens in your country. But in America. . .

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...ein_2011_Shankbone.JPG

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how good looking you would say I was, but in my opinion I'm alright. My turn off when it comes to men's weight, for example is them being too skinny, not overweight. I don't know why, an overweight dude does not bother me, as long as he takes care of himself and all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't seen this double standard myself. There are plenty of overweight or otherwise unattractive guys who end up with hot girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sooo. No one is forcing any hot guys to date fat chicks. They must like them or they would only chase skinny hot chicks.

1|1
    0|1
    • Nah. They're desperate.

• Show All
    • It means exactly what it says. I shouldn't have to break it down for you. Don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't understand the definition of some really simple words even my 5 year old could understand.😎

• From my experience there is no double standard people like who they like. Overall from the people I know guys rarely date large girls and girls rarely date large guys. (Personally it doesn't matter to me)

0|0
    0|0
  • I knew a fat and just slightly ugly man who got a very energetic and hot woman but he was really funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know lots of bigger guys with girlfriends and wives

0|0
    0|0
    • They are a rarity, plus then they are judged upon in most cases. People alleging the guy having shit ton of money to land a girlfriend...

• Just ignore that stuff. People who say things like guys have to have money are the ones who don’t value themselves enough to think they’re worth dating

• Seriously? I see the exact opposite. I see plenty of guys date girls that are “out of their league” and not as many where the girl is less attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey. I've never seen a tall scrawny guy (reference to me) acquire a girlfriend, but that doesn't mean that it isn't possible, just rare.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah a rich fat dude gets more chicks than Donald trump

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm just curious as to why fat and hot have to be desperate? Why can't someone be both?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe men are less choosy when it comes to physical attraction

0|0
    0|1
  • Because fat dudes aren't attractive to women. They only like hot, rich guys.

Simples...

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I always see the opposite happening

1|0
    0|1
  • He's not that hot

2|0
    0|0
  • its the otherway around

1|1
    0|1
  • It happens just not often.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, good question. No idea. It's stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • who said hot dudes date fat women?

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol my hot friend is marrying a fat dude 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • It's not normal for hot dudes to date fat women. Specifically:

It's not uncommon for hot dudes to fuck chubby women. It's uncommon for hot women to fuck chubby dudes.

It's not uncommon for hot women to date chubby dudes. It is uncommon for hot dudes to date fat women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because women have way higher standards then men and the dating game is in their favor. For guys the girl just has to be easy to get along with and hot enough to get him hard. For a girl the guy has to be handsome, fit, funny, smart, rich, tall, her friends have to like him, etc. On top of that she has more options since she has guys lining up for her. Women pretty much only date up.

0|2
    0|0
  • I actually disagree. I feel like women are far more likely to lower their standards than men are. I've seen far more attractive women with overweight or unattractive men. I rarely have seen an attractive man with anything less than an attractive woman

3|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes