19 years old dating with 26 years old?

We met though our frined, and we have been dating for a year and half.

It’s a long distance relationship between Canada and US but I’m going to an university there. About 4 hours away from him.

I never told anyone about my relationship (except one best frined).

But now that I can see him more often, I was thinking about telling my parents/friends about him.

Do you guys you think 7 years is too much?

-I’m 19, his 26

1013

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's too much for SOME, not all.
    The reason is because often a 19 year old is just beginning years of study and also want to have their youthful time & activities, whereas a 26 year old has finished that phase in their life & is working for the rest of their life. Also, a 26 year old will start to require more maturity in a relationship then a more innocent 29 year old, with the addition of the 26 year old wanting to soon settle down.
    USUALLY.
    But, there are 19 year olds who have a 26 year old mindset, and vice versa.
    My friend was 19/20 and was shocked to later 2 months in her relationship how clingy and fast-paced her 27 year old really was in a relationship. He wanted to settle down, marry her, and told her he has to move back to England and that'd he take her with him, but she was too young for any of this and simply wanted to work, spend more time with friends, draw, have the space young couples would as opposed to elder ones who move in together & see each other every day- thats a classic example of different age & mental age mindsets.

By all means give it a shot if you really love him, but dont he surprised if it doesn't work out

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine, you still don't need to tell them until you actually date him, because maybe you don't even know how that will be. so i know you are excited lol but still relax a little and when you do visit him and wahtever, get to know him better and see how it goes