19 years old dating with 26 years old?

We met though our frined, and we have been dating for a year and half.

It’s a long distance relationship between Canada and US but I’m going to an university there. About 4 hours away from him.

I never told anyone about my relationship (except one best frined).

But now that I can see him more often, I was thinking about telling my parents/friends about him.

Do you guys you think 7 years is too much?

-I’m 19, his 26

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's too much for SOME, not all.
    The reason is because often a 19 year old is just beginning years of study and also want to have their youthful time & activities, whereas a 26 year old has finished that phase in their life & is working for the rest of their life. Also, a 26 year old will start to require more maturity in a relationship then a more innocent 29 year old, with the addition of the 26 year old wanting to soon settle down.
    USUALLY.
    But, there are 19 year olds who have a 26 year old mindset, and vice versa.
    My friend was 19/20 and was shocked to later 2 months in her relationship how clingy and fast-paced her 27 year old really was in a relationship. He wanted to settle down, marry her, and told her he has to move back to England and that'd he take her with him, but she was too young for any of this and simply wanted to work, spend more time with friends, draw, have the space young couples would as opposed to elder ones who move in together & see each other every day- thats a classic example of different age & mental age mindsets.

By all means give it a shot if you really love him, but dont he surprised if it doesn't work out

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine, you still don't need to tell them until you actually date him, because maybe you don't even know how that will be. so i know you are excited lol but still relax a little and when you do visit him and wahtever, get to know him better and see how it goes

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you want to stay with this guy - I would not tell the parents about him until you have been with him for at least another 1-2 years because your parents might cut off your tuition funding or think you are only going to that university to be with your boyfriend rather than because you want to study there.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, this age difference is no problem. I'd be concerned about it being a long-distance relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m 21 and dating a 46 year old. And no, it’s not just for sex or money. It’s because we truly have a connection at heart. My parents don’t know and wouldn’t agree but you have to do what makes YOU happy. Good luck!

1|0
    0|0
  • I dated a 26 year old when I was 16, depends on the situation I suppose. But I don’t see anything wrong as long as you have chemistry and it’s legal, and it is.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on why he is dating you. If he’s only about sex I’d say he’s too old & to not date someone more than 3 years older till you are mid 20s.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well you are legal
    My 17yo friend is going out with 25 but I believe both of them are mature enough so age is not a bother

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry so much about what others think. Live your life for you and do what makes you happy. If you worry bout what others think you will never be happy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dated an 18 year old at 29. Big deal. Nobody cared.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're adults so I don't care and neither should anyone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, 7 years is fine. Long distance relationship is what would worry me.

1|0
    0|0
    • Although I know a relationship with 10 years age difference and 4-5 hours distance, and they're doing fine.
      So it all depends on the two of you.

• There is nothing wrong with that at all... age is just a number!

1|0
    0|0
  • not weird at all. 19 and 26 are still really close

1|0
    0|0
  • No i think its fine my mom and dad are 13 years apart

1|0
    0|0
  • it is quite okay. The important rule is that the female is same age or younger than the male.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. You're in the clear!

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems okay with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ofcourse not

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s ok but I’ll prefer to be 20

1|0
    0|0
  • It's the distance that may be a challenge, but if its meant to be, things will work out.

I'm nearly and my boyfriend 23, it's fine :)

1|0
    0|0
  • You should tell your parents! But no, 7 Years isn’t too much.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes