I lied about my age?

I feel really guilty lying to him that I’m an adult.

But I can’t tell him right now cause he hates liar and I’m this situation, I am one.

He once told me that if he ever finds out that I lied to him, he would break up with me

And if thats gonna happen, what we are doing right now is just a waste of time.

But maybe I can keep the secret till I’m actually that age?

He doesn't know my birthday (our relationship is quite new and also I tried not to talk about it with him)

what do I do... help me

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You realize that your lie could put him in prison and labeled as a sex offender for life right? If you have any respect for the guy you will tell him the truth.

5|4
    0|0
    • We never ever had sex.

• Show All
    • For the best.

• Yeah.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah that's really bad you should have told him at dating stage not relationship stage. You need to tell him he's going to find out one way or another and later down the line would be terrible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow. You need to addess this now. How far did you lie about your age?

2|0
    0|0
    • A year. I’m 17 but I told him I was 18.

We never had sex before.

• If he's over 18 you've placed him in a situation where he could be charged with statutory rape depending on the laws where you are at.

100% awful thing to do, you can not lie about being a minor. Tell him now, and it's a good time to practice being an adult and facing consequences

• You really can't keep it a secret. You decided to lie to him so your relationship is based on a falsehood. He's going to find out the truth eventually.

2|0
    0|0
  • Tell him. If he founds out by someone else he will be more mad. And that's put him in a illegal position. You lied first you have to take the responsibility. How many years did you lied about?

1|0
    0|0
  • You should tell him about it, explain why you did it, and tell him you'd still like to be friends. Try to be understanding and sincere

1|0
    0|0
  • You need to own up to your lie. Otherwise it’s just going to be worse for you down the road.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fess up because chances are high that he'll suss it out regardless.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're under 18 he needs to know. If not, I don't understand why you lied, but he should still know the truth

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to tell him.
    More lying makes it only worse.
    But how bad is it? Like being 14 and saying that you're 20? Or more like being 16 and saying you're 18?

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m 17. Told him I’m 18.

We never had sex before.

• Well is he doing anything illegal but not realising it because of your lie? If not then its not going to make a huge different whether you're 17 or 18

0|0
    0|0
  • Make it as a joke? Like (i was trying to see how long will it take for you to figure it out)

1|0
    0|0
  • Try to explain why you did it. Or just make it a joke.

1|0
    0|0
  • Let me explain lying. Everyone lies because in the moment its what seems easiest at the time. The difference occurs when you take time to think about it and react to the long term implications. The honest individual may lie in the moment but will confess and provide context of their own occord most people forgive this kind of lie. The dishonest person lies and then after thinking about it decides to continue the lie until they are caught and are forced to confess and try to provide context after the fact or otherwise known as making excuses. Most people see this kind of lie as slimey and deceitful and says a lot about your character. Do you wanna be viewed as person a or person b?

1|0
    0|0
  • Its not big difference of age you lied so it will be okay if you say him truth when he is in good mood

0|0
    0|0
  • More lies won't solve anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • So are you lying to us too?

1|0
    0|0
  • Ahahahahahahahha

0|0
    0|0
    • What age did u say u are to what age u are

• I’m 17 told him I was 18

• To do that u would need to lie about you bday 2 as otherwise he could work out when he started seeing you and that it don't match up

• Ouch... girl, lying isn’t the answer... I think he will appreciate you coming clean... he will probably be mad, but less so than if he had to find out from someone else...

1|0
    0|0
  • lol when he realize he will be mad af, tell him truth , i would be mad but for 1 sec :D

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes