Where do I find women with low standards without leaving my house?

I know it sounds like a joke but I don't exactly have any options left. Dating apps do nothing, I have no job, I'm a drop out, and I don't have any desire left in life. I just want to be with someone, even if I'm fucked up. I can't do this by myself anymore. I don't even have any supportive friends I can rely on. I need a partner, so if I knew where to go or what to do (that's realistic) that'd help.

17

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not gonna be what you want to hear but you should try and build some friendships first in my opinion. Even if it's online.

It's wouldn't be healthy for either person in a relationship if you relied solely on them emotionally, and it also wouldn't be fair to either of you if the main reason you were with a future partner was because you wanted to be in a relationship as opposed to feeling a real connection with that person.

It also seems like you're seeing a romantic relationship as a kind of fix or something that would give you a reason to live, and that's setting yourself up to be disappointed because you'd still be suffering from mental illness while in a relationship. A partner could offer support but what's really going to help is changes you make to your lifestyle and outlook, hopefully with professional help to make those positive changes.

So yeah, my advice is focus on building friendships and maybe from there let a romantic relationship develop naturally, or at least build a social group as a foundation and work on your mental health 'til you're at a point where you feel like you can date

• Professional help hasn't helped in over a year of therapy and meds, so you tell me

• It takes time unfortunately :( . You need to keep trying different things until you find something that works for you. And if you don't think what you're doing now is helping, speak up about it to your doctor! I get that that can be really hard and some doctors are more helpful than others, but you deserve to explore different options.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry pal, you're shit outta luck. You want the reward without putting in the work. Life doesn't work like that.

You have 2 options:
    A) continue as you are and be miserable.

B) Get off your ass, put in the work required to be a functional adult, and actually do something with your life.

I guarantee that no girl on the planet will want to date you if the only thing you're good for is keeping the couch warm.

• Gee I wasn't motivated before but the sunglasses emoji really opened my eyes

• Don't know why that happened, but you asked and I answered.