Do you have to be really thick-skinned for online dating?

My friends kept pressuring me to sign up for online dating so I bit the bullet. Geez!! How thick skinned do you have to be?
I got 70 likes in one day, zero messages. I figured why not be proactive so I messaged 3 guys. None replied to me.
It's been 2 days and I give up! I will be alone forever!

923

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to be able to cope with rejection well. And If you have low self-esteem online dating is the wrong place to look for love or dates. Also, you need to be highly perceptive too , because there's many predators , trolls and catfish on dating sites. So you need to be able to determine how sincere a person is

Most Helpful Guy

• Um okay be patient. As an unattractive guy I'm used to only get a couple of matches a month.

I made a dating profile about 2 weeks ago, reckon I've messaged about 200 people including fatties and only just had my first date from it today. So yeah don't worry it could be worse.

• why u so sure that u r an attractive guy?

• @girlinthemirror It is on a dating site where everyone just goes by looks.

• This is happening after the first date, I'm not talking about in the early msging phase.