How should I pursue her? ask about her boyfriend?

I was absent from work for training on a Monday. Came back that Tuesday and my coworker informed me that a female employee from another department called upstairs looking for me. I thought nothing of it, called downstairs and asked "hey, I was told that you were looking for me yesterday, what's up?". She replied "no, I didn't call, not sure what you're talking about."

So Wednesday comes, I clock in to work (she usually sits at the desk where I clock in). I apologized for possibly coming off as being unprofessional, she then stated that she didn't take my phone call that way and that she did indeed call me while I was away from work that Monday. She basically had no reason to call me; myself and another co-worker agreed to that.

Here's the thing, I have a crush on her. I asked if she was single 3 months ago when I started, she replied "I'm single but I'm in a relationship". She mentioned him as recently as a month ago. But something seems different now. I had a presentation a few days ago and she made it a priority to come and see me and told me how well I did. She saw me yesterday morning and told me "well don't you look spiffy". I also mentioned that I have a free meal to a Steak House & she mentioned that she loves steak and that I shouldn't let it go to waste. Mentions how funny I am and tells everyone I must be fun to work with.

I'm at the point now to where I've convinced myself that she likes me. I'm reluctant to ask her if she's single again. I'm not sure what I should do. Leave her alone? I guess I'm just looking for a neutral opinion.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• At first I thought leave it but it is possible she's trying to let you know it's worth asking, if they are over it would be hard to work in that she's single causally, ask her out for steak, if she says she's taken, brush of off and perhaps laugh and say you forgot, silly you haha, being work, be careful, even things start well if it went really sour work is really going to be shit

0|1
    0|0
  • Work is always tricky. I say ask her to go getthat steak. Do it casually don't ask as a date just ask if she'd like too go. If shedoes y'all can ask how things are casually over dinner. If she says no well then you know.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just ask. Worst case, nothing has changed.

0|1
    0|0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes