Should I tell my boyfriend that I was followed/stalked?

So there is this guy who just won't stop texting me and bothering me. I ignore, I blocked. But he keeps popping back up with new numbers and the like.

Occasionally when he explodes my phone with messages, I respond angrily just trying to make him understand that Im not interested in him and that I have a boyfriend. He will go on to write paragraphs about how he's going through a rough time and his dad is in the hospital and he just needs a friend to talk to. So I might text back advice to him to try and help him be more positive.

I knew this guy before I started going out with my boyfriend and we were on friendly terms before the stalkerish behaviour started.

So anyway, today this guy shows up my college. He texts me that he's on campus. I ignore. Somehow, he sees me and follows me around to see where Im going. I am totally unaware of this and continue to go about my day and go to class.

He then comes into class - and my prof is already there, starting the lecture and everyone looks at him. He then says out loud that he wants to talk to me.

I am soo embarassed and angry and confused. I go out and just pretend to have a civil conversation with him and tell him off and he leaves. I obviously didn't wanna make a scene and go back to class making up some excuse as to who he was and why he had to see me.

I was pretty shaken up by this and told my friend who stayed with me the whole day in school.

Should I tell my boyfriend what happened? I dont want him to react and do anything stupid. I certainly don't wanna make him feel like Im trying to get his attention or make him paranoid or jealous.

Should I just pretend like it didn't happen? I wanna tell him, but I also dont want him to worry or doubt my intentions.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This may not be a problem your boyfriend can solve. No offense, but unless he is very mature and can look at this matter impersonally, don't ask him to deal with this.
    Your stalker can be a creep, true. But he can also be troubled with some deep psychological issues, and it sounds to me like this may very well be the case. What I'd suggest you do is get some sensible people to intervene on your behalf and talk to this guy in the presence of his parents. He may need professional help and if I were you, I'd ensure he gets it.
    But in case he is a creep, an intervention will at least bring the problem to the notice of others, who can step in if the matter escalates.
    I hope this helps :)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've seen too many ID shows (based on true murders) stay away from this guy. Tell him anything to make him leave. My ex was like this - he was gong to kill himself if we broke up and did stalkerish behavior. I felt like I was stuck. I had to tell him a big lie to get him away and uninterested in me.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• First, call the police and report him. Second, I'm sure your boyfriend will not react negatively to you for this. It's your call, but I can only assume your boyfriend is going to support you through this.
    This stalker is insane enough to follow you to your class and single you out, I doubt he has any inhibitions about doing more extreme things. I hope you get all the help you need to deal with this guy and get him out of your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him, hiding this from him can actually make it look like you are hiding something. If your boyfriend is reasonable, he will try to help, not get jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • For god sakes tell him. And maybe the cops. And everyone else.

This guy needs his teeth kicked in

1|1
    0|0
  • Run and just run. Sorry I mean he is retard. You need to tell your boyfriend but not sure how maturely he will handle. This needs to be addressed and bring to notice to appropriate people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell your boyfriend and the police. I'm serious, his behavior is dangerous.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, you should tell your boyfriend, parents, police.
    Because he's a stalker and i'm afraid he's gonna go too far for achieving what he wants.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly fuck that I would want to know he doing to much I don't like it if he soft it's just gonna be a minor ass whooping probably

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure you should tell him, He is your boyfriend and He want to protect you 🤔

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say call the police. This has gone too far already with this obsessive guy.

0|2
    0|0
  • YES, because he might start again, so he'll be looking for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should, and if getting his head kicked in doesn't dissuade him, go to the police.

0|0
    0|0
  • if it was my girl I'd want to know

1|1
    0|0
  • yes-you should-in case this guy contacts him

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him

0|0
    0|0
  • If you’re looking for trouble do tell him.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, tell the police

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to contact the police

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes let him know

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him, so he can bust his head in, seen?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes