Does age difference matter?

I'm 22 years old, going on 23 in August. I met a guy who's 35 years old at a bar (not drunk). He's mentally and physically appealing to me, but I've never gotten to know someone that old before. This is new for me, but I find it interesting. I don't know what I want the outcome to be, but I guess i want to know if this age difference matters? And to what extent dating wise?

1128

Most Helpful Guy

• All that matters is your compatibility , your emotions , your trust level and your comfort with each other.

Age , race , caste , location doesn't matter when both of you are happy , lead a good life , and have a great comfort level.

Love , care , trust , emotions is what makes the relation worthwhile. So surely go for it if that's what makes you happy

• Being_a_good_Indian Age is just a number? Too Young is just an Asian name and jail is just a room?
      OK, that's not the problem HERE.

• @jacquesvol

Relationships that have an age gap are outside of what we see as a societal norm, we can't fit it into a box so we judge them. When you have a twenty year old with a forty year old we tend to think that it's a large age gap, but when we have a couple where one is thirty and the other is forty-five, we don't think anything about it. I agree Problems exist.

*"Just try to think about how both of you will be in 2033. And what difference in physical health and energy there will be then."*

For most young women who seek older men, it is quite common that they're looking for maturity and confidence as well.

@ Asker

Age shouldn't really matter for as long as you love the person you're with. Always have a positive attitude in your relationship and try to be as understanding as you can be. If you do this, you will definitely not regret having your partner in your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the only problem that usually comes is that with age difference, the two people are at different stages of their life. While you want a marriage, he might be ready for kids. When you want to travel, we wants to start saving up.