The "friendzone" vs "you aren't her type": do you know the difference when you see it?

I see and hear a lot of guys claiming to be stuck in the friendzone, and girls only choose douchebags that treat them wrong, they would treat them like a queen, m'lady m'lady m'lady, whatever. You all know 'em and love 'em.

Some guys reach the point where a)they're viewed as a brother more than a friend or b)their friend won't date them because they value their friendship too much to risk throwing it away.

The rest of the time it's because they're just not interested, which apparently isn't a valid option for people that make friendzone claims. Also, some guys tend to SEVERELY overestimate how "close" they are with a girl. The guy thinks he's "too close" and in the friendzone, the girl refers to him as an acquaintance.The "friendzone" vs "you aren't her type": do you know the difference when you see it??

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm able to spot the difference - (hint. srtSubtlety ("blatant")) the meme you posted isn't entirely wrong. It seems many of those who claim to be friendzoned can't tell a nice person from a doormat, can't tell being attentive from being bothersome. Of course, the two options you mentioned are very real and I have experienced them both. However, a person's behaviour in such situations is much different from the behaviour if both partners are incompatible.

This closing statement, I think, you will agree with me, OP. Both sexes need to grow the balls to say "it's not me, it's you."

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They are two different things

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm my opinion, guys are friendzoned because they haven't demonstrated enough value as a person. Most friendzoned guys rarely have sexual partners and often are in the friendzone with that one girl who's also their only friend that's a girl. They usually don't have much going on in their own life and are far too available. Women want to date men who other women also find desirable and who live a life where they do things outside of following them around and holding her purse.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything you've said is true. A lot of the time the "friendzone" is for a guy who's barely a friend for the girl. See it all the time, not sure why they think they're so close.

1|0
    0|0
  • What always gets me is when guy is interested in girl, girl just wants to be friends, and guy respects that but chooses not be friends and moves on. Girl gets upset that the guy doesn't want to be just friends and moves on to other women who are attracted to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very true. If a guy can't tell the difference between and actual friends versus a romantic interest then the way to find out is to straight up ask. If she rejects you then MOVE ON.

1|0
    0|0
  • Generally there is no difference. The reason a guy is in the friendzone is usually because he's not her type.

It -is- true that being a close non-sexual friend can make her somewhat less likely to see him as a dating partner, but that's really only for borderline guys. If she always thought he was hot, being friends won't end that, and if she didn't find him hot at all, again nothing changed. In the case where it 'matters' it may even be less that he's become a friend, and more just that he's a sweet, shy and not very sexually confident guy -in general-.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Friendzone" : a polite way to say "you aren't my type"

1|0
    0|0
  • That meme always gets me hahahaha xD

1|0
    0|0
  • I think if a girl friend zones a guy it's usually because she is an attractive to him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes