The "friendzone" vs "you aren't her type": do you know the difference when you see it?

I see and hear a lot of guys claiming to be stuck in the friendzone, and girls only choose douchebags that treat them wrong, they would treat them like a queen, m'lady m'lady m'lady, whatever. You all know 'em and love 'em.

Some guys reach the point where a)they're viewed as a brother more than a friend or b)their friend won't date them because they value their friendship too much to risk throwing it away.

The rest of the time it's because they're just not interested, which apparently isn't a valid option for people that make friendzone claims. Also, some guys tend to SEVERELY overestimate how "close" they are with a girl. The guy thinks he's "too close" and in the friendzone, the girl refers to him as an acquaintance.The "friendzone" vs "you aren't her type": do you know the difference when you see it??

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm able to spot the difference - (hint. srtSubtlety ("blatant")) the meme you posted isn't entirely wrong. It seems many of those who claim to be friendzoned can't tell a nice person from a doormat, can't tell being attentive from being bothersome. Of course, the two options you mentioned are very real and I have experienced them both. However, a person's behaviour in such situations is much different from the behaviour if both partners are incompatible.

This closing statement, I think, you will agree with me, OP. Both sexes need to grow the balls to say "it's not me, it's you."

Most Helpful Girl

• They are two different things