Would this be a dealbreaker for you?

You start seeing someone and you like them. You get along great, it's still early on but the chemistry and attraction is definitely there. But, one of their biggest flaws is their home life. They come from a home that isn't extreme like those you see on Hoarding: Buried Alive, but still has a clutter issue. For an example, google "cluttered house" and it's more in that range. Obviously this is an example of myself so I'm going to change over. My mom has always had a clutter issue, we don't have rotting food out or roaches, just lots of good and fairly new or well conditioned items but WAY too many for a small space. It's gotten worse over the years and I find it very embarrassing, I never have friends over, although they're aware. I'm young and plan to move out when I can afford it but I'm talking to a guy and I'm scared that he will have an issue for this. I myself am not the tidiest person in the world but have no issue cleaning up after myself. Would you want to stop seeing someone after find this out? Would you be bothered if they didn't ever want you to come inside? Is that really any different from someone who has an alcoholic parent or something else that is beyond their control?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nah. To me, that is okay. I am pretty good at cleaning.

1|0
    0|0
  • How is their room. If it's a mess too, its a deal breaker for me

0|0
    0|0
    • Currently, not gonna lie it's messy, just clothed right now, at this point I'm fine with packing a bunch of up and selling/giving them away. But I will never be a fan of food/drink in the bedroom, that's icky to me.

• Dealbreaker

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel like you being 16 factors in. I'm at an age where I'm eligible to move out, but I would get it being a bigger problem when you have more limited places to go.

• The hoarding is only a symptom of an underlying disorder. Not many people are built to handle that. And live is too short. Not 16 factors short... but short

• But I myself am not a hoarder, my mother is. I used the example of someone with an alcoholic parent as an example. That's basing someone off of where they come from, not who they are. If anything, I show signs of being a neat freak in my future. So I don't understand what you're basing that off of.

Recommended myTakes