Emotionally unavailable guys vs. Guys that don't open up emotionally?

from a guys point of view... Is there a difference in a Guy that is emotionally unavailable vs. A Guy that does not open up emotionally? If so, what is some reasons that he doesn't like to open up emotionally? Past relationships? Scared of getting hurt? Etc... and if u try to talk to him about it and how ur feeling he becomes quiet and distant, in person he almost becomes angry or irritated... that's the part that confuses me the most. Need a better understanding of it, and maybe how to approach it in a way that I can maybe get him to open up... and ladies how do u feel about guys like this? Do u feel like its just to much and overwhelming to deal with? Or would u take the time to see what was really going on with him? That's of course you have ever experienced this with a guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• From my personal experience, these are two different things that people can have either, both or none of. For instance a person can be emotionally candid with you and yet make it clear that he is not emotionally available.
    Can be the guy is emotionally available, but not emotionally open.
    Can be he is both. Unavailable and unwilling to open up.
    And can be neither. Both open and willing to be availed.
    From what you've mentioned, I think the man you're interested in is struggling with some past and/or internal conflict and has trouble opening up. I'd suggest giving him some space and see if he reaches out to you.
    I hope this helps :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would love to know the answer to this too.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In my case it was the past relationship which made me act emotionally closed and strange. It just needs time to really feel that 'what comes' will not be the same as what happened with his ex. The only thing you could do in this case is to let him feel that everythings good and that he can trust in you.

0|0
    0|0
  • emotionally unavailable dudes usually don't open up to anyone including their own family. dudes that don't open up usually got burned by a previous relationship with someone wether it be family or lover but they'll recover

0|1
    0|0
  • Isn't really a definitive definition... I'd say emotional unavailable is you have no interest in anything related to emotions such as a meaningful relationship. The other is just simply it's not their nature to open up. I have my own reasons as anyone else does

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are discouraged to show their emotions by our society. You have to get over it. If / when he feels comfortable, he will.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my case im very emotionally distant because of the way i was raised, going through parents divorce at an early age, having a falling out with my mother etc. Left a lot of emotional scarring to the point where losing a family member or even a relationship barely even brings a tear to my eye, however if you're someone talking to the emotionally distant your best way about it is to take time, dont push eventually they will open up and tell you why theyre like that and then you have a means of helping them understand themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes very much

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes