Emotionally unavailable guys vs. Guys that don't open up emotionally?

from a guys point of view... Is there a difference in a Guy that is emotionally unavailable vs. A Guy that does not open up emotionally? If so, what is some reasons that he doesn't like to open up emotionally? Past relationships? Scared of getting hurt? Etc... and if u try to talk to him about it and how ur feeling he becomes quiet and distant, in person he almost becomes angry or irritated... that's the part that confuses me the most. Need a better understanding of it, and maybe how to approach it in a way that I can maybe get him to open up... and ladies how do u feel about guys like this? Do u feel like its just to much and overwhelming to deal with? Or would u take the time to see what was really going on with him? That's of course you have ever experienced this with a guy

17

Most Helpful Guy

• From my personal experience, these are two different things that people can have either, both or none of. For instance a person can be emotionally candid with you and yet make it clear that he is not emotionally available.
    Can be the guy is emotionally available, but not emotionally open.
    Can be he is both. Unavailable and unwilling to open up.
    And can be neither. Both open and willing to be availed.
    From what you've mentioned, I think the man you're interested in is struggling with some past and/or internal conflict and has trouble opening up. I'd suggest giving him some space and see if he reaches out to you.
    I hope this helps :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I would love to know the answer to this too.