Is he becoming too comfortable in our relationship?

This guy and I have been dating for three months now, and comparing to the first two months, I would say that the 3rd month has been a bit different: Although we meet up still pretty frequently, he calls/texts less than before. We used to want to jump into the bed immediately after seeing each other every time, but now we have sex way less (at most once a week) and he would suggest other sexless activities like simply eating in bed while watching Netflix. He also seem to stop doing the chasing after three months, as he would sometimes just expect me to take care of him and give him attention. This is my first serious relationship so I'm not sure what to do next. Is this normal? Or should I do something to spice things up? Thoughts?

119

Most Helpful Guy

• I think many girls love and become almost addicted to the “moonlighting phase” of a relationship; when infatuation and emotions run high, in the beginning. However, usually it lasts longer than a few months, for me it starts fading after two years and think it’s why lots of relationships last two years. You have to transition to being able to do very practical, unsexy, impersonal, responsible things together and both learned how annoying the other person is and how much they take you for granted.
    What you should keep in mind is to not get too comfortable, be spontaneous and not fixated on what you don’t want to do but express and do what you do want to do, and make plans and be open to being spontaneous and creative; with with plans or day-to-day time together

Most Helpful Girl

• 3 months seem quick to be over the honeymoon phase and in a healthy relationship levels of effort should be maintained and want to be maintained. If he is already getting comfortable to the point where he is half assing it then I dont think he is as invested in the relationship and it is a red flag.

• There is no better explanation than this, you said it perfectly.

• You can't have some cryptic female conversion about taking someone for granted and then dump him when he doesn't connect the dots. If you want him to do something, be SPECIFIC. If he doesn't change after that, then you dump him.

• Conversation* 😒