Why would you feel awkward around a girl?

There is a guy who is so awkward and uncomfortable around me. Just me. My friends can feel the awkwardness too. Why? He rejected me a year ago but even after that things were fine. Only recently he has been so awkward and at times he avoids eye contact. My friend said it seems like he doesn’t want to see me. But he still would choose to sit near me and sometimes stare. What’s going on? Why would guys suddenly be awkward? Please help.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think this boy actually has developed feelings for you, and may have regretted rejecting you. And if he has started falling for you, well, his awkwardness would be self-explanatory.

A boy who is near an attractive girl or a girl he likes would feel nervous or shy. He may want to get her attention, but at the same time feel embarrassed or fearful he may mess up. A boy may want to leave a good impression on the girl or make a move, but being love-struck, shy, or fearful certainly doesn't help. (This is my personal explanation, I don't know if it's true or not. I'm no psychologist).

Do you still like this guy? Do you think he may be willing to tell you why he's feeling or doing what you observed?

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Why would I be awkward around a girl? I'm awkward by myself already, so …

Why would he be awkward around you? It sounds like he starts to now develop feelings for you but feels shame for he rejected you already, he is upset at having to contemplate what could be, rather than what is, feels that if he were to ask you you would reject him as he did upon you.
    That's my interpretation of his behaviour.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well first of all he will be feeling embarrassed to ask u out since he rejected u a year ago. I would also feel the same if I rejected a girl after she ask me out and later have a interest after the rejection. Or either it would be that he like some other girl but since he rejected u he feels bad for u and tries to talk to u about him and the other girl like each other. It would be any one reason out of any 2 . So hang in there.😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he feels bad because he rejected you or he may have started to catch some feelings for you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well honey he probably likes you he might have not seen you as girlfriend then but now Maybe different

1|1
    0|0
  • He likes you and is nervous to talk to you. Most probably he'll be like that and never start a conversation with you in individual unless he's in group or you talk to him first.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fear. Of rejection, of not being seen as he would like to be seen. Your opinion is important to him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he regrets his decision, and wants to talk to you but doesn't know how to start a conversation.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's nervous because he likes you that's my guess I do the same damn thing

1|2
    0|0
  • Yep, I also don't have the guts to see the girl I love , I avoid most of the time thinking she would mistake me if I told her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only version i see is he's changed his mind about you. Maybe.

1|0
    0|0
  • He likes you and is nervous to ask you out again probably

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah if you don't wanna see someone you don't get awkward when you do, you do

1|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like he's caught feelings for you...

1|0
    0|0
  • 99% chance that he likes you. I'm the same way.

1|2
    0|0
  • He wants to invade your castle.

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe he has gotten crush on you recently.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea he probably likes you now

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say he starts to like you.

1|0
    0|0
  • He likes you now.

1|0
    0|0
  • He still likes you

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends what you mean by awkward

1|0
    0|0
  • He might like you now

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably gay or a virgian

0|0
    0|2
  • Who knows

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't remember the name of the effect but reciprocity in attraction is normal so if you liked him at one time over time it is possible for him to begin to like you by shifting his viewpoint of you subconsciously. This is just the end-effect of that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes