Why would you feel awkward around a girl?

There is a guy who is so awkward and uncomfortable around me. Just me. My friends can feel the awkwardness too. Why? He rejected me a year ago but even after that things were fine. Only recently he has been so awkward and at times he avoids eye contact. My friend said it seems like he doesn’t want to see me. But he still would choose to sit near me and sometimes stare. What’s going on? Why would guys suddenly be awkward? Please help.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I think this boy actually has developed feelings for you, and may have regretted rejecting you. And if he has started falling for you, well, his awkwardness would be self-explanatory.

A boy who is near an attractive girl or a girl he likes would feel nervous or shy. He may want to get her attention, but at the same time feel embarrassed or fearful he may mess up. A boy may want to leave a good impression on the girl or make a move, but being love-struck, shy, or fearful certainly doesn't help. (This is my personal explanation, I don't know if it's true or not. I'm no psychologist).

Do you still like this guy? Do you think he may be willing to tell you why he's feeling or doing what you observed?