Should I leave my boyfriend? (Of course the decision is mine just need to hear some opinions )?

So, this is the situation: I used to be friends with his ex girlfriend. Me and him got together after we started working together,6 months after they broke up (she broke up with him because she fell in love with someone else, they were even living together already). Now, the problem is this: she talks really bad about me to our common friends (she calls me names beyond imagination) she even got people to not talk to me, but he is still keeping in touch with her! Even if he knows this! They even talk on the phone. Whats unfair is that I was the one that told her about us, from the day we first kissed, I was always honest, I even apologized a few times, he never did. Also, his mother encouraged him to talk to her, and keeps liking her photos on facebook. I think they still talk to. So does this only feel wrong to me?
They dont talk on a daily basis, but they still kept in touch, and I feel left out, even with the small things like saying 'happy birthday' when I text her she never replies, she never tells me hbd, but she calls him, to which his mother replied 'answear her you should be happy she contacts you'. This is just an example, but it was the last straw for me.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah leave. He's being disrespectful, because this girl is being a bitch towards you without any apparent reason and he doesn't do anything to prevent that. Which is his role because she's his ex (who he should have stopped talking to after they broke up)
    It's a messed up situation he's putting u in

• It s not like they talk on a daily basis, but even in the small things, like saying "happy birthday" she never replies to me, or tell me "hbd" but on his birthday she calls him. To which his mom replied with 'answear her you should be happy she calls'

• It would be ok if they were friends and she ignored you (because u and her are not friends).. I mean only if u're ok with your boyfriend being a friend with his ex

But since she's talking bad about u in front of your common friends , that completely changes things. Personally I wouldn't talk to someone who talks about my boyfriend, and makes him seem bad in front of others. It's disrespectful towards him and if i stay friend with such a person, it's like I'm encouraging them to keep doing what they're doing.

Do u see what's the problem now? He doesn't really care about how u feel.. And on top of that she's not just a normal friend.. She's his ex.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it bothers you that he talks to her and if your not happy with him then you should leave. Stay if your happy and if you can tolerate and accept he is going to keep talking to her.