Is there a rule/guideline when dating people of a different age?

Is there a rule about how old or young the other person can be for it to be appropriate? For example, do you think it would be weird for an 18 year old to be with a 30 year old if they really connect, or is it too taboo?

317

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a lot of differences going on, I don't know how it could be a healthy and long term relationship. For example, careers, time management, mentality, and etc has to be considered. It'll be hard for large age gaps to be a long term relationship but idgaf as long as its 18+ it's not my problem

Most Helpful Guy

• Since you're both adults, it's really what you're comfortable with, and different people will have differing opinions on this. I don't find a 30 year old dating an 18 year old to be a problem just because of their age- there may be other reasons they are incompatible.