Assuming he's honest how do I handle this?

We've been dating a couple months and talk every day. Most recent date was great, he's very affectionate, later that night we cuddled he told me I'm so perfect, we kissed and talked until he had to leave to get some sleep for work. Next night, opened up to me about childhood & family and said usually he isn't the type to open up. Thanked me for listening and said "You're amazing.<3" Continued to talk every day, but past few days he's gotten quieter. I decided to ask what's up and if he's interested but said it's no pressure if he's not & I just wanted to stay on the same page. He replied "Yes, I am. Sorry, lately I've been down and I've been using work to keep myself busy, then when I'm home I just eat and sleep. I'm sorry if it's made you feel that way." So I said I'm here if he needs. He said thanks babe, then texted me a little more later (he gets home late from work).. He initiated texting today, too. Said good morning, but that's it. It's just much quieter than his usual self, which is how I knew something was wrong to begin with. he's genuinely very sweet and seemed truly sorry he was giving off the wrong impression.. So, Assuming he is telling the truth in his answer completely, how do I handle this? Do I ask what's wrong, or leave it and let him sort it out and just go with things?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't indulge him. But just say "Hey I remember you said you have been feeling down. Just know that if you need or want to talk about whatever it is thats bothering you..." Thats all you can do right now... just be there and remain that good person that you are. Its up to him to fix his issue.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be there for him... All u can do