Why do abusive men pick which women to abuse?

I’ve noticed that abusive men tend to abuse only certain women, but they don’t mess with others. For example; he was extremely abusive toward my friend (dated him for 7 months) and was not abusive at all with my other friend (who dated him for 2 years)?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some men will prey on girls who won't fight back or say anything which is very wrong but I know many won't take shit from noone

2|2
    0|0
    • Yeah true, since he dated my two friends I can tell because the first one is pretty passive and the other one is witty and strong minded

• Show All
    • Why aren’t u friends? Sorry none of my business if u don’t wanna tell

• Na I am not OK with abusive relationship its not ok

Most Helpful Girl

• of course they pick the weak ones. They won't mess with a woman who has no time for their bs.

2|2
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think - and absolutely no blame attached to this on the part of abused women- that many women - and true for men as well - who grew up in an environment where abuse was the norm follow that pattern until they realize that they are repeating the same mistake that draws them to abusers as partners.

I don't mean to put any blame on the victim, I just think there are elements of truth to the repeating pattern.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes true. My best guy friend is currently a victim of domestic and emotional abuse. And his girlfriend has a history of abuse in her home too.

• Bullies tend to bully people who won't stand up to them. Also, I'd advise you to alienate such a person and convince all your friends to the same. No one needs such a wanker around!

1|0
    0|0
  • obviously as any guy you pick the girl that will accept what you'd wan to do with her, if that's "having a loving and long lasting relationship" or "abusing her for your personal satisfaction" doesn't matter. you just look for a girl that is open to it and you pick her because she is.

0|0
    1|0
  • Abusive people are abusive to anybody at some points. Narcissist are beeing abusive only to the closest persons around.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because some girls let themselves be abused and others don't. It depends on the girls personality

0|1
    1|0
  • Some men are sadistic and hurting women gives them pleasure... They are for some reasons mentally retarded

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they know which women are vulnerable targets and which ones are not.

0|1
    0|0
  • Better question is why do women stay with abusive men.

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends on if she would tolerate it,, if he hits a woman he's NOT A MAN

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes