When a guy says he :thought he responded to your message" does he actually mean it?

When a guy says he thought he responded to your message does he actually mean it? or is it just an excuse that he didn't really want to reply?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I have said this very literally in a decent handful of occasions. If I pick up my phone while I'm busy doing something and also talking to someone at the same time, and I think of a response to the text I just read while doing those things, but lock my phone to focus on what I'm doing and forget to go back and reply, then that was just my bad. Then two hours later when I get another text I have that gut reaction of "Oh shit I forgot to text them back". So yeah, you can probably take it at face value. If it happens all the time, maybe get suspicious, but sometimes people are busy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know about guys but when I have done it it ment that I either forgot or I didn't want to respond at the time, it doesn't mean your not important tho, I have done it to my husband and my mom and I love them