Another Friendzone Situation. Why isn't life like the movies?

Long story short I have a female best friend who likes another guy. When we're sober things between us are normal and its basic friend stuff. When we go out drinking however things turn a lot more sexual and the tention rises between us as inabitions are lowered and you can feel the connection, This has led to me catching feelings. Trouble is you can't live your whole life drunk and the next day we are sober and I just feel like a friend again.

We spend all day every day in contact and talking but its just not advancing. I can't just be her friend, i want more. She knows how I feel. Do I have to cut ties and move on? I feel like im giving her all the attention a girl could probably want but thats probably the issue. Why would she want more?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you think that spending time will be difficult because of your feelings, you might want to move on. The worst thing to do is be an 'orbiter'. You'll eventually get on her nerves and get yourself hurt watching her date other people. Been there, done that, got the collector coffee mug and key chain. She'll keep you friend-zoned the closer you try to get to her. But whatever you choose, I wish you luck. Your situation is suck-factor 10.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 1) Girl says she needs attention but it's generally a bullcrap
    2) Girl says she needs something, but you shouldn't give 2 fcks
    3) You should pursuit your goals (business, education, another girl but not that one). That makes them crazy about you
    4) Most important: you must look hot and be quite independent, be ambitious and confident. You won't have problems with chics

0|1
    0|0
  • Cut ties bro. She's probably not going to come running to you, but the alternative is you throwing your heart at her for years while she fucks other dudes.

0|1
    0|0
  • So You want her to leave her current boyfriend to be with You?
    What's to stop her from leaving you for another guy if the same circumstances arise with someone else?
    Either be patient or move on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Find a girl you like more, and stay friends with her, that is the inly solution i found for my problems of that kind

0|1
    0|0
  • Because the movies are a fantasy set up so you watch them many times, dreaming about that movie cliche, giving the movie directors money

0|1
    0|0
  • She treats you that way because you let her... because you're available... and because you keep coming back. Take all these things away and i guarantee her behavior will change. Maybe not for the better bit, it will change.

Its like the friend you had when you were little. You may have been mean to him, may have played tricks on him, whatever. You did all of this to him and he kept coming back. His return to you justified your actions which made you feel like it was ok to keep doing it. But if one day he stopped coming back, youd realize what youd done was wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, it just doesn't click, and there's no explanation as to why, so crack a cold one open with the boys and let the good times roll.

0|0
    0|0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes