Older men, is this true?

This is the article I read: http://www.thefrisky.com/2016-01-08/its-hard-out-there-for-single-men-in-their-40s/

“I just turned 40,” Jonathan Lee told the Times. “Thinking about the math, the longer I wait to start my own family, you start to think, ‘When I consider someone to marry, I have to find someone young enough to have children. And the age difference. What’s acceptable? What’s O. K? What doesn’t work?’ There are a lot more challenges the older you get, and I realize that now.”

IN MUCH SIMPLER WORDS... Do you feel like you can only fuck 18 year-olds to procreate and spread your offspring?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• "Do you feel like you can only fuck 18 year-olds to procreate and spread your offspring? "

Hell no.

*IF* I was interested in having children at an older age (which I'm not) I'd only want her to be young enough to have children without undue risk for her or the child.

Having said that, I think by 40+, most men have probably given up having children. That's most, not all.

I'm actually 61. When I was 40ish, having children was something in the back of my mind, but not seriously at all. It was just something I thought if the right person came along, and everything worked out, then maybe children would be in the picture. But marrying an 18 year old was not in the picture. It would have been someone older, probably in her 30s.

At 40+, you can't think about children without doing the math. Do I really want to be dealing with a teenage brat when I'm 60+? Do I really want the kid of have an old man for a father, who is slowing down and can't really be as active as a younger father would? No to both.

There comes a time when it's just not realistic to have kids. That will be different for everyone, but it'll happen sooner or later.