Is it ok for your boyfriend to tell other girls they are cute?

I know a guy who tells other girls they are cute all the time. He is in a long term committed relationship ans his girlfriend doesn't know these other girls. Should he stop and keep the thoughts to himself or can he tell other girls they are cute w/out an issue?

1211

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the word cute when applied to other adults has a different connotation than telling someone they look nice or have a gorgeous or beautiful feature like eyes. Cute sounds like you're flirting, and you shouldn't be flirting if you're in a committed relationship. But there's no problem with saying "Hey I really like your hair" or "I just wanted to say you have a great smile". As long as it's just that. Not fishing for a response of gratitude or anything, just honestly paying someone a compliment.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they are genuine friends I think it's okay to say that they look nice but of its multiple girls that he doesn't have much of a relationship with then it is not okay

• Multiple that he barely knows... only has seen them a few times at college parties but does snapchat them

• That's not good then at all