Is it ok for your boyfriend to tell other girls they are cute?

I know a guy who tells other girls they are cute all the time. He is in a long term committed relationship ans his girlfriend doesn't know these other girls. Should he stop and keep the thoughts to himself or can he tell other girls they are cute w/out an issue?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the word cute when applied to other adults has a different connotation than telling someone they look nice or have a gorgeous or beautiful feature like eyes. Cute sounds like you're flirting, and you shouldn't be flirting if you're in a committed relationship. But there's no problem with saying "Hey I really like your hair" or "I just wanted to say you have a great smile". As long as it's just that. Not fishing for a response of gratitude or anything, just honestly paying someone a compliment.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If they are genuine friends I think it's okay to say that they look nice but of its multiple girls that he doesn't have much of a relationship with then it is not okay

1|0
    0|0
    • Multiple that he barely knows... only has seen them a few times at college parties but does snapchat them

• That's not good then at all

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My boyfriend would never do that. It's not normal nor acceptable behavior in a relationship. He shouldn't even be focusing on other women's looks nevermind feeling the need to express it to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it isn't. I dont have a problem with him finding them cute, or telling me theyre cute, but when he tells the actual girl it, he's flirting with them and why should he be flirting in a long term relationship? nothing id leave him over, but would confront about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • A compliment is no big deal as long as it stays friendly

1|0
    0|0
    • What he if also wants to get to know them more since they are "just friends "

• Ehh. Everyone needs friends of different genders

• I suppose there’s nothing wrong with calling his friends attractive, it’s just a compliment doesn’t necessarily mean he’s interested, but if it makes his girlfriend uncomfortable he should definitely stop

2|1
    0|0
  • I do it I'll be honest. But my girlfriend will also say a man or a women is cute. I mean as long as they ain't falling in love on the spot. Glaring into each other eyes. Then I don't see nothing wrong with it. But. If it makes you uncomfortable let him know

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have no objections if i had a girlfriend who complimented other guys. Ofc id feel a little insecure, which id tell her about. However, If she had such good tastes but still chose me? Now thats something id be happy about.

0|0
    0|0
  • And less what your boyfriend is doing is making you insecure then there's really no problem with it I mean just because he's with you does not mean that he can't appreciate another beautiful woman if it goes further than compliments in a harmless flirting then yes you should definitely put a stop to it

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if its just a compliment for no gain or not. I sometimes compliment people randomly. As long as i love my girl and she loves me, im happy and don't want anyone else. But then im a one girl type of man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. As long as they're not flirting, I don't mind. My boyfriend thinks the same for me, I can call other guys cute, I just can't flirt with them

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it's the words he's using. Maybe he's not good with words. I'd be annoyed if my partner said someone else was "cute" because that makes me question are they committed to me. However what he probably meant was "I find her good looking but that's it." Like when you can see someone is attractive it's just pointing it out but actually having no feeling towards it. Like I find a certain celebrity attractive. I'm acknowledging it, but I have no desire to be with them. Just think I'm pointing it out.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not good. They really shouldn't do that, although it's kinda okay.

0|0
    0|1
  • Oh hell no

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is okay.

0|0
    1|0
  • nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm sounds suspect to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • so long as he places you above-yes

0|0
    0|0
  • if it's just a friendly comment it's NBD...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is

0|0
    0|0
  • It's okay

0|0
    1|0
  • for me its a no,
    there is no good reason to tell that to a girl while you have a girlfriend its very childish

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes