Why do a lot of people say they found their partner when they stopped looking? Surely if you don’t look, dates won’t just fall out of the sky?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't find someone whose presence you highly enjoy by actively searching for someone to be with.

That's like a best friend, you don't find a best friend by naming everyone your best friend and then trial and error, it just happens.

1|0
    0|0
    • No but if you don’t actively look, you don’t come across any potential partners.

• Show All
    • What are the chances, in 50+ years of time that you'll never find someone you enjoy being with.

You'd have to be the worst, and by that I'm mean THE WORST, at basic social skills if you never manage to meet someone through a life filled with encounter.

But meh, worst come to worst : Dating is not mandatory, just enjoy your life through different ways.

• Because if you don’t ask anyone out, dates won’t happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wasn’t looking when I met my boyfriend. Things just kind of happened. We started chatting, began hanging out on a regular basis. Hanging out gradually turned into dating and then we got into a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • He must have confessed his feelings for you at one point.

• Show All
    • I thought he had a girlfriend so I didn’t say anything and I wanted to be friends with him.

• Oh. Damn.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sometimes you met people through work, or other friends, elsewhere and it just happens. You "click" and it goes from there, even though it's not your intention at the time. That's what they mean by it.

1|0
    0|0
    • But that still relies on you actively getting out there and meeting new people.

• No because that wasn't the initial intent. You didn't met with that in mind at all, it was for other reasons and it just happened. Feelings do that and are uncontrollable.

• Yes they do. When u live your life without actually looking for a partner, it's way easier to know whenever u r interested in someone. U don't get those confused (do i reaaallly like her or is there someone better) feelings, because u already haven't planned to having to like someone... u just did unintentionally

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes