1 y

How do I start this process with a girl I've fallen out of touch with?

Hi there, I have had a huge crush on this girl since I met her in 7th grade, and now as a senior in high school, I still like her. It was great when she was in all of my classes until 10th grade, but in 11th she was not in a single class of mine, so we kind of drifted apart. Now in my senior year, she is in one of my classes. We are still very friendly and banter in a fun way back and forth, but we sit on opposite ends of the room, and the only chance I have to talk to her is in the thirty second walk when we run into each other going to this class we have together. I've tried flirting a little, but I feel like it's too late in the game to subtly flirt. I want her to know that I like her, I don't want her to have to figure that out. Yet, at the same time, I feel like if I just told her that and asked her out right now, it would be a little premature. I don't text her at all, and my friends are saying I should start, but I don't know what to say to strike up a text conversation that lasts for months. I feel like she would be creeped out if I all of a sudden randomly started texting her. When I first told my friends about this crush, they told me to try to start a snapchat streak with her, so I sent her a picture with the typical "streaks" on there, but she just opened it and didn't respond. I'm nervous to start up a conversation in worries that something like that will happen again. From here on out, I'm just unsure of how to go about asking her out, and primarily, how to get to that stage. I feel like time is running out. We're halfway through our senior year of high school, and it is unlikely that we'll be going to the same college. Is it even worth it to pursue this crush I've had for five years if we're going to be separated in six months? Any pieces of information I will gladly accept, and thank you to those who have read this :)
1
2