For the gym goers; Do you care if a girl is stronger than you?

If you go to the gym regulary and you see a cute girl, but you also see that she lifts more than you despite being like 35-45 lbs ligher than you. Would that be something you would care about? When i say "care" I mean is it a turn off or a turn on?

I go to the gym quite a lot and I often see that i squat more or almost the same as most of the guys who go there regulary too. They are usually 45 lbs heavier than me and 3-7 inches taller than me.

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• i care more about form than weight. i'd be really impressed if the person squatting next to me can squat with good form using heavy weights. my current 1 rep max is 245 lbs (bar weight included), it's nothing impressive compared to a power lifter since i do mostly bodybuilding stuff. last week i saw a powerlifter girl that easily did 315 lbs with perfect form, she didn't even need to use a belt, i was highly impressed by her since she just went up effortlessly with that amount of weight on her back. in my mind i was like wow that was sick! i nodded head and gave her a thumbs up and she just had a big smile on her face lols.

there's only a few guys at the gym that knows how to squat heavy but as for majority of guys at this gym, i'm either squatting the same amount as them or more than them, or they either don't know how to squat/they do squats with bad form, does quarter squats, or doesn't hit depth, and then there's this 1 regular guy at the gym whom i always see at gym but i've never seen him do legs or even approach the squat rack at all for the past 6 months since he joined the gym, i've only seen him do upper body stuff.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I’d probably assume she wouldn’t be interested in me.

The fact your shorter actually makes squatting easier but still...

How much are you squatting anyway?

1|1
    0|0
    • My estimated 1RM based on my 5RM is 260 lbs. When i workout i do 4 sett of 5 reps with 230 lbs

• Damn nice squat

• thanks :) I have been working hard to get here, my goal for now is 264 lbs, so almost the doubble of my own bodyweight

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It would be a turn on, and I'd respect her for being able to do that.

1|0
    0|0
  • No i wouldn't ''care'' everybody does their thing. Plus i never social with anyone at the gym, i don't talk to any one and i don't even make any eye contact, am there to focus in my training not to look at other and see how much they can lift

1|0
    0|0
  • Huge turn off bullshit to anyone who says it isn't. If you guys wanna fuck hulk with a vagina, be my guest, I'm sticking to fucking proper, feminine, women

0|1
    0|0
    • you obviously dont know a lot about working out if you automaticly think that if a girl is strong she looks like a bodybuilder. Have you ever heard of powerlifting?

• Show All
    • @bellabiella with all due respect, you asked for an honest answer, you got an honest answer. Some guys will like it some guys won't. No need to jump down the guys throat just because you're not his type.

• @leifleoden im not "jumping down his throat" because we dont agree, im. just stating my disagreement with his opinion about if someone is strong they look like bodybuilders. I dont care if he doesn't want to fuck me, many guys have no interest. æ in me. He obviously doesn't surround himself with fit people on a regular basis it sounds like to me

• She-hulk, no. Fit and lift more than me, is no big deal since I'm not a big guy.

1|1
    0|0
    • "She-hulk" is a female bodybuilder I assume?

• Yes. To be clear my "fit" grouping is powerlifters, athletes, and asthetic lifters.

• I'm gonna say no in most cases. I would feel less "manly". Although I do struggle to think there would be many women who cam squat more than me while I also think that they're cute.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lmaoooo, I'd us it as motivation, That I'm getting out lifted by someone 40 lbs lighter than me. It's actual kind of a turn on for guys who are into fitness like myself.

Naw son.

Not on my watch. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Good for you.

It would be a turn on because your a badass.
    BUT it would be embarrassing as hell.

I doubt I would feel comfortable asking you out until I was stronger than you.

1|1
    0|0
  • I dont care at all, I dont even look at the girls at the gym.
    Im there to workout, not to check them out.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind it one bit. Women who lift are hot, irregardless of how much I lift. My self esteem is in knowing who i am, not what i lift.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah i only care if she sprints faster than me !! If she is faster than me its a auto turn ON why because i would get her to teach me her technique sorry if i sidetracked your question

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't turn me off but I assume any girl who is 80% better than me at something will not be interested in me and would, therefore, not waste any time or effort trying to flirt with.

0|0
    0|0
  • NOT AT ALL
    but then when dating you find I do many thing better than you, then WHAT?

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. It is neither a turn on or a turn off.

1|0
    0|0
  • When i go to the gym, all i am concerned about is my workout regimen only.

1|1
    0|0
  • Pure strength does not equate to being fit. However, I mind my own business at the gym. I definitely try to avoid contact with the THOTs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind if a woman had stronger legs than I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a turn off it's fine

1|0
    0|0
  • No, we can become swole mates.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • Short answer, nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • No lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind a girl being stronger than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't turn me on nor off

0|0
    0|0
  • Not particularly. It's all about hard work, discipline, and consistency, so if she can lift more than you, that's a hell of an achievement for her. Plus, I'm not a "heavy lifter" anyway, I box, so I need to be light and don't need to be particularly strong. But that's just me and my situation.

For me it's actually kind of a turn on. I like a real badass chick.

1|0
    0|0
  • No...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes