For the gym goers; Do you care if a girl is stronger than you?

If you go to the gym regulary and you see a cute girl, but you also see that she lifts more than you despite being like 35-45 lbs ligher than you. Would that be something you would care about? When i say "care" I mean is it a turn off or a turn on?

I go to the gym quite a lot and I often see that i squat more or almost the same as most of the guys who go there regulary too. They are usually 45 lbs heavier than me and 3-7 inches taller than me.

126

Most Helpful Girl

• i care more about form than weight. i'd be really impressed if the person squatting next to me can squat with good form using heavy weights. my current 1 rep max is 245 lbs (bar weight included), it's nothing impressive compared to a power lifter since i do mostly bodybuilding stuff. last week i saw a powerlifter girl that easily did 315 lbs with perfect form, she didn't even need to use a belt, i was highly impressed by her since she just went up effortlessly with that amount of weight on her back. in my mind i was like wow that was sick! i nodded head and gave her a thumbs up and she just had a big smile on her face lols.

there's only a few guys at the gym that knows how to squat heavy but as for majority of guys at this gym, i'm either squatting the same amount as them or more than them, or they either don't know how to squat/they do squats with bad form, does quarter squats, or doesn't hit depth, and then there's this 1 regular guy at the gym whom i always see at gym but i've never seen him do legs or even approach the squat rack at all for the past 6 months since he joined the gym, i've only seen him do upper body stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• I’d probably assume she wouldn’t be interested in me.

The fact your shorter actually makes squatting easier but still...

How much are you squatting anyway?

• My estimated 1RM based on my 5RM is 260 lbs. When i workout i do 4 sett of 5 reps with 230 lbs

• Damn nice squat

• thanks :) I have been working hard to get here, my goal for now is 264 lbs, so almost the doubble of my own bodyweight