Why do men sleep around and receive praise, but women receive shame?

Every guy I know in my life including my cousins, uncles, my father, my grandfathers, all my friends I met in high school, in the military, and in college have literally all been turned off by women with high numbers in regards to relationships, but they even have said they won't mention that to a woman because it will be preceived as insecurity or judgmental. It can't just be a double standard, there has to be some biologcal reason as to why we are conditioned as men to seek out women who have not had a lengthy sexual past and I don't think it's just insecurity. There has to be some logic as to why we are conditioned to think this way. I personally know first hand how much it hurts to see a woman you love in this lens that she has been sexual with so many other men. My ex had a huge count. You don't say anything but sometimes it just hits you and it hurts because you love them and deep inside you sort of think that it's a little less special if she handed it out to everyone and you're just one of them. I also have a high count and I'm not saying I'm shouldn't be negatively judged, but these are still my thoughts.

1214

Most Helpful Guy

• It’s biological, specifically evolutionary biology. I used to believe society had a slight hand in this matter but now I’m starting to think more and more that it is strictly biological. Men didn’t want a woman to have another man’s genes or child inside of them, so that’s one reason. Men didn’t want to worry if a woman was going to be unfaithful and act on impulse because it makes no sense for women to have multiple partners to begin with—hence why it’s unnatural for women to have a high count. It’s unnatural because women HAVE NOT developed a mating strategy for accumulating many partners but men have. Women wouldn’t be able to focus on their offspring if they had too many partners plus pregnancy takes a HUGE toll on woman. Women can’t have unlimited babies, so pickiness exists. Also there’s a biological clock women have, a short window for having healthy children.

• Men do not. Men, up to 80 years old can still produce children. Hence why men gravitate towards younger women because they are more fertile. I can go on about character, STDs, etc. on why women with high #s are undesirable. It’s NOT the same for men, but under political correctness, I have to say it is...

• What are your thoughts on the character of promiscuous women?

• Lol, lots of things... where to start...
      1) The judgement of these types of women are faulty because by virtue of their engagement with indiscriminate sex means that they do not care about their safety or self respect. There’s just no way to vet all of the men that they are having sex with, which is why it’s called casual or indiscriminate sex in the first place. Do you really think a woman of good judgement would do such a thing? What if the man abuses you? What is the man is a felon? By having indiscriminate sex as a woman you automatically increase your victimization. It’s not an indicator of good judgment to sleep with men that you do not know very well, you can’t by the inherent nature of casual sex.
      2) Inclination towards other bad or rebellious behaviors. Women who engage in acts of indiscriminate behavior also are highly likely to do other undesirable acts that aren’t good for her, you, and possibly children
      3) inclination towards disloyalty. Should I even explain this?