Guy denying talking to other girls?

I've been talking to various guys from a dating app, including this particular fellow who seems very keen (met a few times. morning and evening texts, sometimes sexy some times just chatting). Yesterday as were talking he mentioned not having any luck from the app besides me. Then said he hadn't been on it. This despite the fact that he knows I'm still using it and can see the green icon by his name. When I mentioned this- and said I don't mind, he replied. "Well I still have it on my phone, but I haven't used it in weeks. " ... but it wouldn't show him as online if he just had the app, right? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, as I don't know why he'd deny it while I'm being very open that I'm contacting others. What do you all think? Should I just believe him?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm not sure about how that works. It could be that the app opens and registers as online even if he's not looking at it. I understand you being a bit suspicious of what he's saying but maybe he's being honest (or maybe he's not). Do you know anyone else on there well enough to ask them to check whether you show up as online when you have your phone on but are not actively using the app?

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't know anyone else on it, unfortunately. One of my friends suggested making a catfish account but that seems too invasive.

• Some apps will show you online any time you log onto your phone. Ice had something similar happen to me before. Not saying thats the case here but, it can happen...

0|0
    0|0
  • No clue, he may want to manipulate you into not using the app? Or maybe he's telling the truth? He might be a psycopath tho, be careful

0|0
    0|0
    • Some sort of isolation technique, do you think? He said he doesn't mind me dating other guys, so I'm not sure what that would merit.

• A kind of "i dont mind if you do, but i make you believe i dont do it, so you'll feel guilty for doing it when i dont" kind of sociopathic mentality perhaps, there's a lot under the sun

• Hmmmm. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Recommended myTakes