What are your thoughts on dating a single dad?

It's a lot of responsibility and commitment level to date someone who has a child, but from a female perspective what changes your view or if you where to date some one with a young child, say under the age of 5. Do you approach it differently or the same as any other relationship?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I will not approach him differently. Before being a single dad is a man. The fact that he has a child isn't a problem to me. I actually think it is quite impressive and will admire him for the responsibility that he has. It is not easy to be a single dad. Plus, I love children and they love me. There will be no problem. The only difference will be how I will approach our relationship. I can't impose myself to a small human being when I do not know if the relationship is serious yet. I think it is not good for a child to see women coming and leaving. You become attached and it might be painful for you, but even more for this little child. That's why, I will not accept to meet his child before we talked about it seriously. We need to be sure of our relationship and where we are going or where we want to go together. It is not only about our life, it is about the life of a third person. We will not only have an impact on our life, but on his too. You can't act recklessly. Though, I will always ask questions about him, to know him through his dad. I know it might be quite shocking, but if I date a single dad, I will not have any intention to replace his mom. I will love him as if he is my own child, but I will not replace anyone. I will build a strong bond with him over time. I will not rush anything and will just be patient. When I will be only with his dad, it will be a couple. When we will be the 3 of us, it will be a family. Both are very important to me. Anyway, I think it will come naturally. We will naturally talk about it, and I will naturally meet his treasure. Of course, that's my own opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • Obviously, differently... As there is 3rd person in the relationship. Differently doesn't mean worse. Personally I would respect such guy more than a single one.

0|0
    0|0
  • At the moment, I wouldn't do it. I don't feel stable enough to be a positive influence in a child's life right now, there's too much uncertainty and stuff going on, and if I'm dating someone with a kid, the ultimate goal is to be their partner and the kid's step-mother, y'know? It's basically taking on an additional parenting role once things get serious enough. At a point in my life where I wouldn't want to have my own child, I also wouldn't want to date someone else with a child. However, in a few years once things are better, I would be cool with it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes