What is a weird quality or trait that you try to determine in the opposite sex?

I try to determine if the woman I am interested in would make a good mother.

•Likes and wants children
•Patient
•Caring
•Compassionate
•Worrying
•Self-respecting (does not engage in any undesirable or irresponsible behaviors)

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not weird in and of itself, but I suppose it's odd that it's the very first quality that I try to determine.
    Before any kind of personality or character assessment, I try to determine their overall level of intelligence and classify it according to the different intelligence modalities--specifically, the linguistic, visual-spatial, and logical-mathematical domains. This actually has little bearing on whether I'll like/get along with the person, but it's been ingrained in me to assess people this way.

Secondly, I'll try to determine where they stand on the extraversion-introversion dimension, hoping that they're closer to centre, but falling along the introversion side of the scale.

After that, I try to determine their flavour of humour, so that I can tailor mine to it. It sounds a bit superficial/duplicitous of me, but the truth is, I don't subscribe to a particular kind of humour--I go with whatever befits the context and the person with whom I'm interacting.

And, lastly, I try to determine their relationship to their family and loved ones.

0|1
    0|0
    • Psychoanalysis might be a bit much, but more power to you in finding the right guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mate, what's weird about any of that? I think it would be far weirder NOT to.

1|3
    0|0
    • Yeah, I understand but usually I never hear men saying this when it comes to finding a woman desirable or not. For me, I literally visualize a baby and determine if the woman I’m interested in would be a good mother to that baby. Depending on the information I know at the moment, the determination can either be a “no” or a “yes” as to whether or not she would be a good mother.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I guess for me

- He has to be humble
    - He has to be modest
    - He has to have something in his physical appearance that I like - whether it is good manners or tall stature or a fit body or a youthful appearance - or a good wardrobe
    - He has to respect me and be willing to sacrifice his time for me
    - He has to take my seriously
    - He has to be reliable and trustworthy
    - I like a guy who doesn't hate anybody. To me a peaceful guy who doesn't hate anybody is better than a hundred war heroes or hard working surgeons.

1|1
    0|0
  • - Hasn't been promiscuous in the past
    - Can get along with children well
    - Nerdy
    - Cute and goofy
    - Selfless
    - Very quirky
    - Doesn't engage in risky/reckless behaviours
    - Ambitious
    - Educated as me (University level)
    - Optimistic
    - Treats everyone with respect (including marginalised people e. g. lower job status in society, LGBTQ, Disabilities, ethnic minorities etc.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Her belief in moral responsibility.

If I saw her drive away after a car crash or leave a lost kid that'd be it.

If she told me that it's alright for people to be arrested for Reposting things on Social media that'd be it.

I won't have a partner who chooses stability and authoritarianism over freedom and freedom , nor a partner who is inactive in helping others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sensitivity I guess, and willingness to communicate, about his emotions and about all things really

0|1
    0|0
  • Analytical i like a guy that deals n understand or prefers science or numbers dsnt mince he's words humble and honest

coz im the complete opposite im more artistic more carefree

0|0
    0|0
  • Worrying? nah, you really don't want that. It's a pain in the butt.

1|0
    0|0
  • I look for slutty meglomaniacs that treat their lovers like prized pets.

So I'd be looking for supreme confidence and a superiority complex.

0|0
    0|0
    • Kinky but... get help... you will never be free!

• @Isopsis Who needs freedom when you have the right mistress looking after you? I have been walked on a collar and leash in public before. That kind of attention from a dominant woman makes my toes curl.

You should try it.

• Nah thanks... but you do you. ;)

• Someone who's ambitious , has her own independent life put together, doesn't act spoiled or childish.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd watch his behavior around kids, the elderly and people with special needs.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it isn't that weird, but I really love a good sense of humor in girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • •Indifferent about children, but does not want children
    •Patient
    •Caring
    •Compassionate
    •Worrying
    •Obsessive

0|0
    0|0
  • If she is understanding of people with mental disabilities such as autism.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she'll falsely accuse me of something or slit my throat while I'm sleeping

0|0
    0|0
  • The voice, as per usual. You're gonna hate life if your S. O. has a voice you hate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol today those traits are considered very weird.

0|2
    0|0
  • Same thing for me. Plus if she can sing, hot damn

0|2
    0|0
  • if they would be superb in bed lolz

1|0
    0|0
  • Emotionally intelligent

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t known

0|0
    0|0
  • Same as you bro

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think any of those are weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • dunno

0|0
    0|0
  • Does she have hobbies/some kind of passion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Integrity would good to

0|0
    0|0
  • Self respect is a big one

0|0
    0|0
  • Respectful
    Emotionally Available
    Knows when to set their pride aside
    Kind
    Funny
    Not insecure

0|0
    0|0
  • Her past / Promiscuity
    That will tell everything I need to know about a woman.

0|1
    0|1
  • Understandable—that is your base instinct talking.

1|1
    0|0
    • Hmmm... personally? I look for creativity

• Creativity? In what sense or context exactly?

• Any sense—I tend to be more attracted to guys who are creative in some way shape or form...

Recommended myTakes