What is a weird quality or trait that you try to determine in the opposite sex?

I try to determine if the woman I am interested in would make a good mother.

•Likes and wants children
•Patient
•Caring
•Compassionate
•Worrying
•Self-respecting (does not engage in any undesirable or irresponsible behaviors)

1119

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not weird in and of itself, but I suppose it's odd that it's the very first quality that I try to determine.
    Before any kind of personality or character assessment, I try to determine their overall level of intelligence and classify it according to the different intelligence modalities--specifically, the linguistic, visual-spatial, and logical-mathematical domains. This actually has little bearing on whether I'll like/get along with the person, but it's been ingrained in me to assess people this way.

Secondly, I'll try to determine where they stand on the extraversion-introversion dimension, hoping that they're closer to centre, but falling along the introversion side of the scale.

After that, I try to determine their flavour of humour, so that I can tailor mine to it. It sounds a bit superficial/duplicitous of me, but the truth is, I don't subscribe to a particular kind of humour--I go with whatever befits the context and the person with whom I'm interacting.

And, lastly, I try to determine their relationship to their family and loved ones.

• Psychoanalysis might be a bit much, but more power to you in finding the right guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mate, what's weird about any of that? I think it would be far weirder NOT to.

• Yeah, I understand but usually I never hear men saying this when it comes to finding a woman desirable or not. For me, I literally visualize a baby and determine if the woman I’m interested in would be a good mother to that baby. Depending on the information I know at the moment, the determination can either be a “no” or a “yes” as to whether or not she would be a good mother.