Agree or disagree? Men have less variation in the women they find attractive, but women have more variation in the men they find attractive?

Stated differently, men will usually come to a consensus—though not all—on the appearance of a particular woman, but women are much more varying on their feelings of a particular man.
Even on this site, you’ll see almost every man saying how attractive a picture of a woman is, 80-90%, but a picture of an reasonably attractive man doesn’t get the same consensus.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is more the opposite. most men dont care what others think of a girl. If he thinks that she is attractive, he will go for her. While more women are looking for approval by other women if a man really is attractive. I think in the GAG polls that girls are more honestly. guys dont want to bring down insecure girls even more

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I think you’re actually right. Men do not want to bring down a woman’s self-esteem, that is why men vote the way they do. Definitely a likelihood

Most Helpful Girl

• No, women are way more specific in what they find attractive. It was even shown that women only find the top 20% of men attractive, while men find most women attractive. Women however do make more exceptions based on the guy’s personality, status, etc.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Honestly I’ve noticed the total opposite to this... think about it, some men want tall girls some men want short girls, I don’t know a single women attracted to a guy who is smaller rather than taller than themselves, mostly women never see a fat guy as being a good thing yet some guys are attracted to fat women.. so I for sure thing in general men are way more varied with there taste than women are.

0|2
    0|1
    • Well, the reverse can be said with women. It is all about what you see in reality really. Depending on where you live, the man and woman are almost proportional in height, the man being taller but never exorbitantly taller than the woman. I’ve also seen close to 50/50 of men dating women who are chubby/thick and women dating men on the chubbier/thicker side. Depending on where you live, this might or might not be the case exactly.

• I don't know. I have no idea what men find attractive. When I try to predict what men find attractive - it seems I'm always wrong. I think most woman are easier to predict - we want somebody tall and fit and smart and caring and smart.

0|0
    0|0
    • I definitely do not think women are easier to predict, that’s just you. Men are much easier to predict.

• Show All
    • but you see - some guys like tall girls - guys preferences range from size 2 to size 10 in American dress sizes - some guys like dominant and some guys like submissive. some guys want a girl who makes less than them and some guys want an independent who makes more.

• The reverse thing can be said and seen in women as well. Some women like shorter men,
      Women women prefer more thick or larger men.
      Some women like dominant and some women like submissive. Some women want a man who makes less than them and some women don’t care

• I thought it was opposite. Men can find fat chicks, flat chicks, tall, short etc attractive. While women mostly seem to prefer a certain type.

2|2
    0|1
    • This! Exactly

• I disagree. I think the said can be said about women as well. Just depends on where you live. If you look in reality, the couples that you see are similar and proportional in height, with the man being taller but not extremely tall where it becomes a nuisance, if a woman is fat the man is also the same way, etc. It is just odd how in practice, most couples are strictly the same in appearance, or at least on an equal wavelength

• I mean, I agree with you. But also with me. People just like variety in general

• I find there are men, and quite a lot at that who will say they find the woman attractive for ulterior motives. Ie; a decent looking dude saying an average looking chick is a 10/10, when in reality she would be a 5 or 6 (based on badoo experience with their rating)
    Women seem to be more specific, mot necessarily variation in my opinion. Then again there's probably a hell of a lot more good looking women on the app compared to men.

2|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you, but I think this site is a really bad example. Guys online, and especially on here, are just desperate for lack of a nicer word. They come to the consensus that pretty much every single woman they see is a 9 or a 10, regardless of if she actually is or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I mean a big chubby girl with a fairly nice figure, and a cute face can get as much attention as an athletic girl with a nice body.. Or even a fat girl who happens to be fairly attractive.. Women only ever go crazy over a guy who is slim, or muscular, with a nice face.. Women just don't always go by looks which is why it would seem their more varied when really men are more varied TBH..

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men just have lower standards. That's why on dating websites women rate 80% of men as below average, while men rate only around 20% of women as below average

0|0
    0|0
  • As a general rule, I think so, yes.

Men seem more prone to having a 'type'.

0|1
    0|0
  • I always thought it was the other way round completely. I know for me at least that's how I think.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe that's because men are more body oriented and women are more face oriented when it comes to being attracted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agree. I have a type but his personality matters more. My type isn’t the kind of guy I want to stay with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much yeah. Men are thirsty as fuck while women can always choose who to let in their sacred temple

0|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps. But in my experience the older one gets the wider the acceptable range becomes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men would have sex with unnatractive girls but i can't say the same about girls

0|0
    0|0
  • I like chubby women who are dominant but I think it really just depends on the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm so confused

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely true

0|0
    0|0
  • There's just more to love when it comes to women

0|0
    0|0
  • Personality does matter more then just a hot body.

0|0
    0|0
  • The opposite

1|0
    0|0
  • disagree, I think its the other way around.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess so

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Disagree

0|0
    0|0
  • Agree.