How did you know that your "one" was "the one"?

I have dated several guys since I started dating in high school. I am 24 now, and I've been in at least 5 relationships that lasted over 1 year (longest was 4 years). I feel like I've dated a range of types of guys... going to school or working , well-off and just getting by (income), very handsome and just average (but still nice!), funny, serious, loner, clingy, etc. I have dated guys I felt like were the perfect match for me in some way, only to find out that there were things about them that were just not going to mesh well with me. I don't even know what to look for in someone really. I feel like every guy that I have an interest in is not into me/taken/ends up being rude, and every guy that DOES likes me isn't someone I really like much.

I honestly just want to find a "spark" with someone and date someone that, despite our differences, I find to be perfect for me in most ways. Someone that Im happy with more often than not, and most of all someone that doesn't make me wonder if he's "the one" or if I need to keep dating. I just want to know in my heart. How did you know that the person you stayed with was the right one for you? And do you have advice for not knowing when to stop looking?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• I got really lucky with my husband. He's not perfect but in all seriousness he's pretty damn close. he's perfect for me. His flaws and the things that make us so different are a good thing. I didn't know he's "the one" because i stopped believing in the one. I stopped thinking of it like that before I met my husband. So I let the relationship form as it was. I didn't force anything.
    The more pressure and hoping for "the one" that you put into a relationship is kind of cursing it. Just go with the flow and pick a good guy that only has eyes for you to spend your time with and possibly your life. There is not a magical way to find someone who fits you. No one will fit you perfectly. If you have a check list sort of thing throw that shit out.
    I don't know about you but friends who have asked me something similar are very picky and hoping for a fairytale romance thats just not realistic.
    Try finding someone on the internet. Thats how I met my husband. We spent 4 months getting to know eachother before he traveled to spend time with me in person. He never left me after that. We're together 8 years in May.
    Goodluck :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You're 24 and you're worried about this? You're still a child. Go live your life. It'll happen when it happens.

You're a long time married so enjoy your commitment and responsibility free life whilst you can.