Why were teenagers much better partners than adults?

In my teenage years, the other teenagers I had relationships with fell in love with me much faster, more intensely, and we were both just happier.

As an adult, other adults I date seem so picky. It's like all they care about is how much money I make, my job, if I live on my own, and other superficial stuff. It's like they don't even care to take the time to get to know one's personality.

Teenagers > Adults. I wish I could go back in time and be a teenager again.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Teenagers are just looking for fun, they get along and do things they want to.
    Adults are working full time, are looking to have a family (financial stability etc) so they can't afford to not be "picky". That's how I see it.

• All I can conclude from this is
      Teenage Relationships: Happy Fun
      Adult Relationships: A Second Job

Teens still do it better :/

• Teens aren't generally serious, and are looking forward to enjoying life, so they get into relationships that are fun.
      Adults don't have that same mentality, they are serious, stressed out, working, looking for a partner to have a family with. It's pretty obvious. One is serious about their future, the other not so much.

Most Helpful Girl

• Once you live wth someone everything changes. Plus you high school relationships are usually first loves, you put up with a lot more from your first love than anyone