Is it a turn off if your date talks too much?

He/she keep going on and on and on and on and on and on

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If the alternative is talking too little, I'd prefer them to talk in excess.

It's also highly dependent on context. If they're going on a spiel about their achievements and not letting me get a word in, that's a turn-off. But, if they've lost themselves in explaining something they're passionate about, I don't mind that at all. Or, if they're nervous and that makes them ramble a bit and use more words than necessary, that's fine. I can sympathize with that.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. If they keep telling about themselves, yes that's not good.

0|1
    0|0
    • this is what im mainly talking about

• If they man keep a conversation going by asking stuff and so on, that's fine

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes. It's more annoying than awkward silences
    . At least I can break the silence, but it's a challenge trying to get a word in edge ways with someone who goes on and on and on lol.

I just shut off when someone talks non-stop. The convo lacks quality , so i get bored listening to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. On initial dates I'm usually quite an introvert in which case I would prefer someone who can keep the conversation going but if you're hearing the story of her grandmother's dentures that got flushed into the toilet for the third time now I would get annoyed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I can appreciate a person who knows when to shut the fuck up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I tend to feel saturated when someone talks too much. I need some time in silence to think properly.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah if he is not curious about you at all... and keeps talking about himself or something else, then yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • If girl talks too much and dont mind it then.. nope. keeps me from talking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes very much so , but its also weird if he's too quiet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, for me it is - unless he and I are talking about an interesting subject.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you enjoy similar topics, no, not at all.

If you don't, why are you dating?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if she is super smart and has interesting things to say! She can talk all she wants if she's bright... if she's a dingbat, shut up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just answer my question and maybe tell a bit more about it but know when to stop and ask a question in return.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's pretty annoying. It will get to the point where I eventually stick something in her mouth just to shut her up.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it is something I can enjoy to listen to, then go 24/7 is ok

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Talking too much is irritating.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I'd rather they talk than be silent

0|0
    0|0
  • Yesss😐

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • nyet

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if they talk about stupid things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it a turnoff if your date talks to little?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on a few things—what they are talking about and if they have repeated the story more than three times.

0|0
    0|0
  • YESSS

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes