How long should I wait for him to commit to a relationship?

I've been dating this guy for 3 months and we've had 7 dates in total. Recently, we got intimate. How long should I wait for him to commit to a relationship? I don't want to be waisting my time...

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems to be that your relationship is progressing nicely. Do you feel like you're getting closer? My guess is that you probably are, especially now that you've added sex to the relationship.

In my relationships there hasn't been any grand announcement. We just started spending more and more time together and it was obvious we were in a relationship and had become a couple and exclusive with each other. No one actually explicitly stated that. We just knew.

Are you looking for an explicit statement? If so, why do you feel like you need that? Do you think he's still wanting to date other women?

My opinion is that unless you have reason to suspect he's not only dating you, I'd just let things progress as they are because it seems like it's going fine.

• The system just reminded me of this question when it chose my answer as most helpful.
      I think that means it's been 30 days since you asked the question.

How are things going? Are you still dating? Has he shown any signs of being willing to commit?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maximum I would say a year after dating. If he still makes excuses after that you know that it’s not going anywhere.