I’m staying single because I don’t have any friends and I know potential boyfriends would see that as a red flag?

Is this stupid? I want a relationship really badly, but I don’t have any friends and I’m worried that any potential boyfriend would see it as a red flag and dump me over it. I know it’s depressing and pathetic that I don’t have anybody to go out with, or spend time with. To be honest, I’m more comfortable alone and don’t really NEED friends but I feel like a boyfriend wouldn’t understand and see it as me being potentially clingy or antisocial.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Say what? Having no friends is a red flag? Lol! Listen, you tell this a man and he won't care a dog poo about it. Men do not judge women the way women judge men. Please remember: A man cares sh*t about your social status, job, wealth or anything else but you, your nice body and your voice. Be confident. That's enough.
    As a woman you judge by social status, wealth, reliability, sex appeal, and a dozen other attributes that no man will ever understand. Be happy you're not a man and now go and get yourself a boy friend. :D

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't have any friends either! lol we're in the same boat. i don't really care too much about it though. if he's interested then he shouldn't care either way

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There are some guys out there that like clingy to an extent and will like the fact that the two of you don't have to run around all the time to keep friends happy. But I have found that most of these guy don't fit the ideals that most women are looking for when looking. Keep an open mind and realize that he may not be the body type or age that you anticipate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry about it. I dated a girl for 6 years (before she became a kind of hermit thingy and didn't want a relation any more) who neither had, nor wanted, nor needed friends in her life. It didn't make much a difference expect in matters of personality. Then again, personalities are bound to be somewhat quirky to anyone who doesn't share those particular traits.
    What I'm trying to say is, if the guy is sensible, he'll know it doesn't matter.
    All the best :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Men don't judge women the way women judge men. Men want affection, loyalty, looks, intelligence, and the ability to hold a conversation. My girlfriend has about 3 really close friends, and even just that can eat up a surprising amount of her time. I love that she has friends that she can talk to, but I wouldn't not date her if she didn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many guys see girls with a ton of friends as a turn off because you have to compete for alone time with her and put up with bullshit drama. I think your chances of finding a nice guy is better than you think.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not rare that girls have just one or two Friends. But having no friends would be a major red flag for me, probably even a deal-breaker. A good friend of mine and my brother have girlfriends like this, and it puts a lot of pressure on the relationship. My advice would be to make some friends first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very confused with your situation. You need friends and to be social to stay sane, it's how humans work. I would advise getting friends as well. If you never doing things, how is a future boyfriend to find you? Tinder, where he is only looking for hooking ups? Or is he gonna walk to your door. You have to put yourself out there to go anywhere. Be brave and have fun

0|0
    0|0
  • I know this may sound weird, but for me, I actually prefer a girl with a small social life like myself. I get intimidated by a girl having loads of mates and going out every weekend. I prefer a girl who wants to spend as much time with me as they can whilst we are still young :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. We all go through bad times. And the most social and popular people tend to be the loneliest in my experience. Don't pay attention to that. A boyfriend can also be your best friend

0|0
    0|0
  • it happens, nothing really weird about it, some of us just don't see friends as a priority, in reality, most people only have one or two actual friends

0|0
    0|0
  • You could have 0 friends. My wife has very few and rarely spends time with them. I mirror the sentiment of other guys in here. We don't care about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong in it... u r just over thinking dat u r not dat much social.. so just try to interact with someone.. u never know whose gonna be there in ur luck..

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't bother me in the least as I'm the same way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys might, but tbh i don't really have any friends (outside of uni) and I think I'd be more interested if I found out she didn't have many

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine if you want to be in a relationship. Don't worry about it. Go for it, and be safe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Not a red flag. Maybe make the first move, and you'd be surprised how many guys don't care that you don't have friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys don't care if you have friends or not

0|0
    0|0
  • You won't know until you try. Simple

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys don’t care about that. Your social ability and status don’t matter to us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me too, I don't have friends because of moving cities and everyone moving on. I dated a girl and she didn't liked that i had no friends or social life because i work so much

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes