Guys, when a girl that you have been seeing for a few months asks you to hang out, do you take that as a date?

** I asked to hang out and it would just be the two of us

07

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that wouldn't be a date. A date is not the same as hanging out, if that were the case we would be dating all of our friends and some of our work associates.

You don't have to be asked out to "a date" for it to be an actual date. But downplaying spending time together as "hanging out" would never be considered a date by me. It may be time to grow closer as friends or see if you want to ask them out on a date, but it's definitely not a date.

A date should be a specific time and place, designed to only include you and the person you are going out with, and to give you a time to specifically enjoy each other's company