Dating a Girl who is below 18?

I guess I should clarify my question. I am 18 and I am dating a 15 year old. I am now convinced that I will not have sex with her, but is it still wrong to be dating her? I am still in high school after all.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No bueno compadre. Divide your age by 2 and add 8. That's the safe metric of age gaps in healthy relationships.

She is too young for you. You shouldn't date younger than 17 man. At her age every year is still a developmental milestone. She may look adult, but she is too young... You may think you can resist sex now but 6 months from now if you're lovey dovey and she is coming on to you, will you be able to say no? Because if you don't that's statutory rape. If her parents want to sue you, they can.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's kind of dumb that would mean I should date someone who is 14.5 years old

• Show All
    • Lmao u right carry on

• That's the point random buddy. When you're 50 and a girl is 33 you're both full adults and you can make whatever decision you want and no one cares. People might judge a bit and you should try to make age gaps smaller when possible, but I use this formula because it becomes more and more forgiving as you age, allowing for greater and greater freedom.

Sex and relationships from the ages of 14 to 25 ought to be a careful thing man. If you like her, wait until you're 22.

22/2 + 8 = 19.

This is for your benefit and for her benefit. You will be at less risk of being accused of statutory rape and she will be able to develop according to her age bracket instead of jumping up to yours too soon.

Patience is a virtue

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 15 and dated an 18 year old and honestly it went pretty fine aside from people saying it was weird all the time.
    As long as you don't have sex with her until she's legal you're fine.

0|0
    0|0
    • Did you ever do anything besides kissing? Because my parents are telling me that just touching her butt through her jeans can get me in jail.

• It was actually a long distance relationship!
      We didn't really get to do anything, but I really wanted to be able to at least kiss or hug him.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I mean it's a little bit weird, man, but the age gap isn't really that significant in the long run. I suppose it would depend on what you mean by dating. I'd say hold off on most physical stuff- holding hands I guess and hugging would be the extent- until later. By all means, become best friends while you wait for the age gap to become irrelevant.

0|0
    0|0
  • Her parents can accuse you. Whether or not anything happened, you will probably go to prison. Guys don’t have “innocent until proven guilty” in this department. We are guilty at accusation.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's only 3 years difference. In the grand scheme it's nothing. If you were 30, or 40, THAT would be an issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wrong if the main reason you picked her is that she’s younger. Otherwise not.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not wrong to date her. It's high school, dude, enjoy that time!

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're not having sex with her, I'm going to put this between a line and say its fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its totally fine

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as that doesn't include any physical (like making out) or sexual contact then I don't see a problem. At least not until she reaches 18

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes