Is it socially acceptable to ask for a girl's number without knowing her?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Every situation will differ. You'll need to be sharp to pick up on body language. All girls have subconscious tells to show interest in a conversation. If you see the signs go ahead.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes but talk to her first at least before you ask... if she entertains the convo ask... if not don’t.

0|1
    0|0
    • What if she's shy and is not used to entertaining the conversation to people she just meets? Thanks for the advice by the way

• Just got for it there’s always a block button never that serious or she’ll tell you no. No problem!

• This really pisses me off. This is just bullshit that made it into the mainstream because of hollywood. What the fuck is up with this whole "getting a girl`s number" shit? Even if you do, you still have to talk to her or call her so if she doesn`t like you it`s useless. In the end you`re getting it to talk to her so why not talk to her at the moment of meeting? Sorry but this subject just annoys me a lot.

0|0
    0|0
    • You might not be able to talk to her at the moment whether or not it be that she's busy or you're busy. Also, asking for her number is a good indication that you intend to converse outside of when you normally happen to cross paths, and it indicates that you are into her as well.

• Show All
    • She could just block my number if she had to, and a phone number is more convenient because everyone has one.

• Fair point. You win. You`ve convinced me that it`s not completely useless. Good job.

• Yes. Don't be a sissy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah as long as it's not like immediate

0|0
    0|0
    • So would after like 45 seconds be ok?

• Hahahaha. They'll be put off you because they'll think you are trying to meet them asap which will leave them with the conclusion that you just want to shag them

• That may be the case, but there's no harm in trying at least

• Sure, she can always just say no.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes